“Good hotel for a great price!”

Seagull Beach Front Motel
Ranked #26 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I've stayed here two different times and came back a second time I liked it so much. Its not an amazing hotel room but it's clean and the view is just amazing! The prices are great and if ur a little on the dangerous side you can sneak over to the hotel next door when they do their bonfires and enjoy them on their dime and not have to pay an arm and a leg for the romantic bon fire with a view. Litterally all we did was walk in between the two hotels and sat next to the bonfires that no one was sitting next to. Over all it was great. I would totally stay here again. and probably will seeing as how I liked the fiest experience so much :)

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank MissSommerAnne
1management, Manager at Seagull Beach Front Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

thank you for your feedback,have you signed up for our rewards cards? stay ten nights and you get a night on us,call us at 800-422-0219 for info

Reviewed January 21, 2014

When a customer has a bad experience it is the Hotel's opportunity to make sure the customer is happy so they come back. This didn't happen for us. We called and explained what happened and got argued with. This is a bad thing, never , ever argue with your customer. I wasn't asking for a free night, I was asking what they could do? She didn't even ask what I thought should be done, instead she told me she felt I was calling her a liar. Its all in perspective! I teach customer service and will not tell my friends about this hotel. I am left with a feeling that This establishment does not care about the customer. Very sad day indeed! The only thing I can say is the girl that worked at night was more pleasant than the day shift.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Kokopellinme
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I enjoyed my stay. The staff was nice and laid back. Their office was a huge mess (literally pieces of wood everywhere) but I didn't care about that much, although some might. The room was cute, good sized fridge and microwave in the room. Fantastic view but that's because it was on the 3rd floor, so not for someone who doesn't like to have to hike to their room. There was a problem with our toilet working...it happened after hours and was a quick fix so we did it ourselves but still, never been to a hotel where the toilet was acting up....

The BIGGEST turn off was that they double charged me (for 4 nights instead of 2) and when I called them to fix the issue, they claimed that they had no idea of what I was talking about and had no record of having additional funds or anything. I'm not really sure how you can get 2 nights more of money without the guests and not realize it but yeah, that kinda killed them for me. My bank had to fix the issue, luckily they did and I got my money back.

Overall the stay was nice, but idk if I'd go back there again or recommend it to anyone else. I'd certainly recommend if you go there pay CASH for the room.

Room Tip: If you don't mind climbing stairs, the views are nice on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jmills43
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have stayed at the Seagull, and it is a nice place to stay. If you are a spoiled person and expecting some posh hotel and used to everything being handed to you on a silver platter, then you probably would be disappointed and should stay somewhere much fancier. But if you love the beach with all your heart and appreciate the good things in life you will be very happy staying at the Seagull. The beach access is great, it's sooo close. We have a dog who is older and it's nice for him to not have to walk along way, or up a bunch of stairs (nice for us too). I read some of these reviews and have to say , some people will go out of their way to find something wrong even when there's absolutely nothing wrong, it's just in their nature to do so. The people who run this place are very nice and promptly provided us with everything we asked for. In one of the reviews someone complained about not having a hair dryer, if a hair dryer is that important to you, maybe you should bring one along to make sure you have one. I have stayed at a lot of places that do not provide hair dryers. Personally I don't use one, but if I really needed one, I would go up to Bi-Mart and buy one. Someone else complained about having to go ask for extra pillows. That's silly, think of it as some little adventure to go to the office and get extra pillows my goodness your at the coast have some fun! As far as no air conditioners, a lot of places at the coast do not have air conditioners because, hello your at the coast, you have an ocean breeze. I've even brought my little fan/heater with me, it's like 8x8 and is easy to bring. As far as no screens on the windows, I'm not sure about that although, one time when we stayed at the Seagull during a storm with extreme windy conditions and I think if there would have been screens, they would have been blown off the windows. People should never take their eyes off of their dogs and children even for a second, so there should be no reason for them to fall out of a window ,or be harmed in anyway, in your home or elsewhere,having toclosethe windows at night, that's where the little fan comes in handy. Come on people get real the coast is for having fun not complaining. Be smart if something bothers you figure out a way to remedy it. If it's something that bothered you before, think ahead and bring the few little things you need to make you comfortable, I do and I don't have to complain or get mad at someone for not doing every little thing for me, I am responsible for myself, and don't expect everything to be perfect just for me. If you think there is a chance you wont like someone different pillows, bring your own, they can also be used to take a nap in the car on the way. I am going to be going to the Lincoln City tomorrow and will be staying at The Seagull for three nights, can't wait to run on the beach with my younger dog. The view at the Seagull is awesome because the beach is right there in front of you:) We are going to have so much fun, and Im not going to let anything bother me, not a hair dryer not a pillow not a window screen, nothing because, I love the coast and life is too short to be a whiner.~ Theresa

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Theresa K
Reviewed October 7, 2013

It was a long climb up the stairs to the third floor. There was no elevator. The room was nice, kind of bare, but did have a fridge and a microwave. The view was FANTASTIC. The windows opened easily, but there were no screens. (Would be dangerous for small children) We were only given one small pillow each the first night, after our request, there were a couple of extra pillows the second night. Bed was very, very hard, and small. We have a queen at home, and this definitely was not a queen. My husband is 6 foot 2, and his toes were at the very end of te bed. We both had backaches when we woke up.
The location was fantastic, on the north side of Lincoln City. It was right on the beach, and right next to the auto beach access. The view was like a Monet painting. It was nice to receive a call about 9 every night to check and make sure that we did not need anything. It was a mixed bag--great view but a horrible bed.

Room Tip: Request more pillows at the beginning. Make sure to choose a bottom floor if you have problems clim...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Everyone was so helpful. Enjoyed my stay and will return for another great room and view. They went out of there way to make me comfortable. Thanks all...They made sure I had everything I needed and all the coffee I could drink (and that's quite a bit)..Love this place as it's a short walk to the beach or you can drive your car down to the beach. Just great...Mary R.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mary R
Reviewed September 3, 2013

When booking the pics on the website were blurry.....that should have been a clue......outdated decor, no screens on windows, thank God we didn't have small kids or our Min Pins with us! For us beds were hard as rocks. Right on the beach where beach goers had fires all night so the room was smokey.
They did call nightly to see if we required any extras.....before the office closed. That was a plus.
Some confusion about room assignment but we ended up with what we needed.

Room Tip: ask for rooms with window screens
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family