“Great time”

Seagull Beach Front Motel
Ranked #27 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Everyone was so helpful. Enjoyed my stay and will return for another great room and view. They went out of there way to make me comfortable. Thanks all...They made sure I had everything I needed and all the coffee I could drink (and that's quite a bit)..Love this place as it's a short walk to the beach or you can drive your car down to the beach. Just great...Mary R.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mary R

Reviewed September 3, 2013

When booking the pics on the website were blurry.....that should have been a clue......outdated decor, no screens on windows, thank God we didn't have small kids or our Min Pins with us! For us beds were hard as rocks. Right on the beach where beach goers had fires all night so the room was smokey.
They did call nightly to see if we required any extras.....before the office closed. That was a plus.
Some confusion about room assignment but we ended up with what we needed.

Room Tip: ask for rooms with window screens
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Beautiful room and view. Another perfect stay at this hotel. They allow pets. The beds are comfortable and the rooms have always seemed clean. They have done some recent updating in the rooms. If you are in Lincoln city and looking for something simple give them a try. Will recommend to all our friends and family. Keep up the great rooms for a great value.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mandi C
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Every single room in this hotel has an ocean view which means that if you're going to stay here you need to book early!

My husband and I stayed here the evening of our wedding. We had a single night for our honeymoon and I'm so very glad we chose this hotel. There was no A/C unit the room, but it wasn't needed. If we got too hot all we had to do was open the sliding glass door to let in the breeze off the ocean.

The staff was kind and efficient. They even called the room about an hour before the office was going to close to make sure we didn't need anything else for the night! We had booked the room with the private hot tub and were a bit disappointed to learn that the jets in the tub weren't working. However, in the hotel's defense, they tried calling us at 10:30 on the morning of our arrival (a call I missed because our wedding was at noon) to let us know. When I was finally able to call them back around 5 that evening they were very apologetic and discounted our room by 25% for the inconvenience.

I have to say that the most fun, though, was driving into the parking lot with the JUST MARRIED on the back of our car. Every hotel staff member that we ran into congratulated us, as did many of the guests who saw us. It made me feel very warm and welcomed.

My husband hadn't seen the ocean in decades, so it was a great place for us. I loved being able to open our curtains and just stare out at the waves at 3 o'clock in the morning. And watching the sunset from our balcony was a real treat, too!

Don't pay attention to the bad reviews. This place is GREAT!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NoLongerNomadic
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Staff tried to overcharge for room. Website nor person over phone told me pet fee had to be paid in cash& tried to over charge me on that. Place seems run down- dirty tub, doors falling apart, gutters falling off, no ac, no coffee in rm & office doenst open til 9,no windscreens(so really can't leave windows open@night), can hear about every noise neighbors made,, should have paid the 40 more and went to better place

• Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank Geko469
Reviewed April 3, 2013

What a great find. We loved staying there so much, we decided to stay an extra day. The staff were very friendly. We loved Carlotta (hope I spelled her name right). Everyone was friendly, it was nice to have a stove top in the room so we could cook in....why go out to dinner when you have the best view from the comfort of your own room!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Darby B
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Quite cheap for the location ($69) as all rooms look right onto the ocean. As mentioned in earlier reviews, you have to open the window to be able to see out as they are fogged up.. and when you do open the window its a little scary! We only had 2 horrible pillows on the bed which I don't think had any stuffing inside them.. so my husband "borrowed" 2 more pillows from an open empty room beside us... Room didn't have a hairdryer, which may not be a big deal for some, but was a huge inconvenience for me.
Rooms seem to have seen some good times in the past, with a notice on our mirror stating a $25 "trashed room" fee.
Not sure if I would recommend this place, unless you are 20 years old and bringing your surf board and 50 of your closest friends.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple