“A great stay at the Seagull”

Seagull Beach Front Motel
Ranked #26 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stayed in a ground floor room with my dog. It was exactly the getaway we needed. Room 106 has a large deck out the sliding doors that I think is meant for everyone but really only myself and one other room used it. Was originally booked for two nights but ended up staying four nights. If you're looking for reasonably priced, clean, basic accommodation then look no further. I will absolutely be back. Thanks Seagull!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Seagull Beach Front Motel

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have been to others along the coast & Lincoln City.Some fancier,newer. But when I found this motel I fell in love and kept coming every year,late spring & early fall. My friend & I came together. The minute you open the door, the ocean greets you in all it's glory.When you awake you can see& hear it from your pillow.Yes it's an older motel,a bit vintage,but I always found it homey,with plenty of space,even in the bath. the kitchen was all I ever needed,and could STILL see the ocean from there.My room was always clean & staff always coming with fresh towels (4 day stay) We had a fave 3rd floor room always..quite a climb for us as we are older. The wonderful staff always helped us with our luggage (plenty) both coming & going while they joked & laughed with us the whole time.We had many great scrabble games at that window while enjoying watching both the ocean and the goings on below on the beach,the whales,the boats.It was fun to watch the people,stuck cars,bonfires and never once did we have loud parties,etc. disturb our sleep.My health failed some, and I have not been able to go there for a few years,but as soon as possible I want to go back again,and some of my favorite memories are there. Thank you Seagull and the kind,cheerfull, helpful people who run my favorite place on the Oregon coast!

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms best view,privacy,quietness
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We enjoy our trips to the Seagull very much. So much that we visit the Seagull during any season. The main thing is we get to take our girl (dog) with us. The pet fee is very reasonable. The rooms are quite adequate for our needs...we always get one with a kitchen. The large windows that face the ocean make for a terrific view. (There is no room at the Seagull without an ocean view). We couldn't ask for a better staff...they're all very friendly and very accommodating. The Seagull may not be a new motel but it sure is a great place for us and our pet to stay!
Dick & Ellie & KC

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dick Ellie and ... P
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We had a great outdoor hot tub!! We slept here for 4 very wonderful quiet night. The hotel has a retreat with ocean view that is exquisite. We like the fact that it is easy access to the beach. The room was clean-had a full kitchen-including micro and oven and full size refrigerator. The view from this room is the best I have ever seen. We sat in the tub and watched all the bonfires on the beach..awesome! This is our new spot-LOVE IT. Definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2012

The hotel is older, but I loved it and I'm planning on going back! My partner and I stayed there in April. When we checked in something was going on with the card reader and my card wouldn't go thru. The young guy at the counter told us it was okay and took a copy of the card, gave us a key to our room and told us to come back and try again in the morning. Our room was always clean and the view was fabulous! They even put a marker in the book I had left open on the bed.

Room Tip: No elevator, so stay on a lower floor if stairs are a problem for you.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We stayed at the Seagull motel some years ago before the ADA and they did everything to make it work and it did.This time we called to see if any rooms were available. We intended to stay only two days but it was better than we remembered. This was our twelved motel on this trip.We had a great view of the ocean, complete kitchen etc at a great price.We stayed four days and everybody who worked there was great. Everybody enjoyed our service dog and he enjoyed the beach.We found it a great place to stay

Room Tip: Ocean view
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Raymind
Reviewed April 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed one night at the Seagull Beach Front Motel last weekend. We had a very nice stay and were able to bring the dog too. Yes, the motel is an old one but our room was very clean and comfortable. Loved the big deck overlooking the beach. The view was incredible - just love our Oregon Coast! The office staff were very nice and helpful. Seems like the motel had quite the "princess" a few weeks ago according to one of the reviews (L C). The nasty comments about the owner were totally uncalled for and unkind. Don't know what they were expecting from a motel - sounds like they were expecting the Ritz. Regardless, WE thoroughly enjoyed are stay and the price! Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple