“GN - Nice & Clean even though it's an old motel.”

Seagull Beach Front Motel
Ranked #28 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Hubbard, Oregon
“GN - Nice & Clean even though it's an old motel.”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed one night at the Seagull Beach Front Motel last weekend. We had a very nice stay and were able to bring the dog too. Yes, the motel is an old one but our room was very clean and comfortable. Loved the big deck overlooking the beach. The view was incredible - just love our Oregon Coast! The office staff were very nice and helpful. Seems like the motel had quite the "princess" a few weeks ago according to one of the reviews (L C). The nasty comments about the owner were totally uncalled for and unkind. Don't know what they were expecting from a motel - sounds like they were expecting the Ritz. Regardless, WE thoroughly enjoyed are stay and the price! Thank you!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We were referred here by a friend but After seeing a couple bad reviews on here I had my doubts. My wife had to point out how most the bad reviews seemed to originate from the same group of people. Well trusting our friend, we booked a couple of nights with them.
Needless to say, I'm glad did! We had a room on the 2nd floor and the view was awesome. We couldnt have been any closer to the beach. The beach access ramp next to the Seagull was the only one in town with vehicle access.

The rooms were fairly clean, nothing fancy but they had a nice "homey" feel to them. A little sand here and there but anyone whos ever been to the beach knows that stuff gets everywhere. The towels were just basic motel towels again nothing fancy but they were clean and worked for us. The TV had a built in DVD player and we had access to all the cable channels like Showtime. Honestly tho we were too busy with the beach and exploring the town to watch TV.
Very pet friendly as long as your pet is well behaved theres no issues.
The motel is family owned and they all seemed like nice people. Anything we asked for they were happy to help. They even directed us to some great restuarants (Mo's and Otis Cafe are wonderful!).
Overall its a very competatively priced motel literally right on the beach. I will stay there again and highly recommend it.

bend or
Reviewed April 17, 2012

My girlfriend and I have stayed here every spring break for the last 3 years. The staff is always pleasant and helpful and the rates are some of the best in town for a beachfront motel. We love the jacuzzis and how close of a walk it is to the beach. We intend to keep coming back every year, especially because they are pet friendly :)

Room Tip: The rooms with jacuzzis are great!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Think twice before staying here! My husband and I stayed here for a night and it was horrible! We were impressed because they are pet friendly, but they do not have a "potty place" for them. Instead we were directed to someone's private property.

The room was clean but very stuffy. We opened the windows and were shocked to find no screens. We ended up being woken up in the middle of the night to people partying on the beach below.

The site said they had a lighted surf but there was no lighted surf. The staff is only there till like nine at night. The young guy running the desk was so stoned he had no clue what was going on. He came out of his room with so much pot smoke coming out of it, it looked like the place was on fire. We could smell the pot smoke in our room which was on the third floor.

The staircase to the third floor was at an angle and very difficult to walk up and down on. The bed was hard as a rock and it was advertised as queen bed but it was a double.

3 Thank Moch4s

Travelers are raving about these Lincoln City hotels

Vancouver, Washington, United States
Reviewed April 15, 2012

First off the stairs going up to the third floor are tilted and my wife came close to twisting her ankle several times. There was no lighted surf as they advertise. The customer service attendant at night who stays in room 120 open his door as we were walking down the stairs and marijuanna smoke came billowing out. He and his friend staying there were stoned so badly that we couldnt get any help. Also the queen beds were more like doubles and as hard as a rock. Way overpriced for what it is

2 Thank conderned
hunter002, Manager at Seagull Beach Front Motel, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
we are a family owned bussiness, have been for 30 years,if you had all these problems why didnt you contact the management or owner, our contact info is posted on the entery door to the office.Im at the office six days a week and my bussiness cell phone is also posted on our office door.
Portland
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We had a very nice weekend here a few weeks ago. The staff was nice, our room was very clean and the view is amazing. This hotel is older, but the view makes it all worth it!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Home
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I wanted to give this place one star, because I don't want anyone else to find out about the Seagull. But it wouldn't be fair to the management, they need to have nice things, too.

I thought three stars would be a good score. The kitchen area is not a gourmet kitchen, just a place to make eggs in the morning and a steak for dinner. Best if you bring your utensils.

After reading all the bad reviews, I thought I had to even the score by giving an above average rating. This is the second time I've stayed at the Seagull, and I hope to be back again.

The best part of the Seagull is the view. A giant picture window of the surf. We went for the storms and this time were not disappointed. Nothing like opening the window to hear the waves crashing and have the salty air blowing. I don't think there is fresher air than a nice 50 MPH gust. After a while, close the windows and the sounds are a distant memory, but the view remains (they wash the windows daily if needed).

The rooms are large. The bed is a real king. The fake fireplace is enjoyable. Everything is clean, not completely sterile, but clean.

The bathroom is also clean. Some have complained about the showerhead height, I kind of liked it, my hair didn't get wet everytime I showered. Management told us they spent a bunch getting the water tempature not to fluctuate. It must have worked because I didn't notice it.

We heard no noise while we were there, except for the howling wind. There was a bonfire on the beach one night. It was about fifty feet below our window, so we heard nothing. We also didn't get an invite. ;(

The management is friendly and helpful, but not overly. We had our privacy. I hate when the innkeep wants to know everything, on this count I give them two thumps up.

So, to sum it up, when we want to go to the Seagull I would suggest to the public the hotel is horrible, better you sleep in your car. The rest of the time, if you're not looking for perfection, this is a nice place to escape to at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends