“What a pancake!”

Lil' Sambo's
Ranked #22 of 108 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Casual, longtime eatery offering classic American breakfasts & burgers plus steak & seafood dinners.
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We stopped in at Lil Sambo's and were the only customers there at that time - the end of the breakfast rush and before the lunch crowd. The service was great and the staff were friendly and the food was really good with large portions. My hubby had pancakes and the plate they were served on was a 10 inch plate and the pancakes filled the plate almost side to side. I had an omelette which was very filling and tasty. We would definitely stop in there again and would not hesitate to refer this establishment to family and friends. We left feeling very full and satisfied. Thank you.

1  Thank whiteangelgail
There are newer reviews for Lil' Sambo's

Reviewed September 24, 2013

This place is a lot like Pig 'n Pancake, for coast visitors. The interior is a little nicer than you might expect, the service is quirky, and the food is good, basic diner fare. I had the red potato scramble, which was nicely done. My only complaint was the long line for checkout.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I work and live near Sambos and come to eat here often, I have never had an issues with them so this is when I'm disappointed with them, obviously enough to make a review. I also work in costumer service and first off my experience with them was far from good costumer service. First off the lady had mentioned that she might not have enough time take my order, you never say that to a costumer, you never say you don't have enough time for them, you could say it would be a min or a while, it made me feel like they didn't want my service, then I only get half of my order, when paying either $1.00 or $50.00, you service and order need to be stupendous. When I called back to let them know that I didn't get all of my order, the lady on the phone said sorry, but was blaming it on the other staff, not taking blame for anything, you a team. I not interested in sending any of my friends, family, co-workers or even hotel guests that way for a while. that is all.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Being a local and working at a hotel I like to eat at the restaurants around town so I know where to send people that come into town looking for a good place to eat, well based on this experience at Lil' Sambo's it'll be a long time before I even think about eating here again or sending guests here. It was a busy day at work so my co-worker and I decided to do a to go order, when I called, the hostess who answered said that and I quote "I don't know if we have time to do to-go orders today, we're really busy". She then handed me to a gruff sounding gentleman who'd decided that they did have time to take the order and told me it'd be 15 mins since they were busy. When I got there, they hadn't quite finished the order, and I waited and later wished I'd used the time to check our order, since we had ordered burgers and only gotten half a bun, which makes for very messy eating. It seems to me like that they didn't really care about making that connection with their customers and so for this fact alone I cannot recommend this version of lil sambos. I do hope that things get better and maybe the owners look at re-pricing their menu since $11.75 for a burger with half a bun and small side of fries seems a little outrageous.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

My meal was alright nothing special it was a french dip. Husband and kids got steak & shrimp, grilled cheese and fish and chips. The order of fish and chips was off the senior menu. The waitress was nice about letting us know my children could order off the senior menu to get fish and chips. The only odd thing was all the cartoon tigers all over the bright yellow building but they didn't even have crayons for my 4 year old to play with and a small kids menu. The outside looked very kid friendly inside it was not very enjoyable for the kids. The gift shop is huge!
I would eat here again