“Good but expensive”

Barnacle Bill's Seafood Market
Ranked #7 of 109 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The smoked salmon is excellent but very expensive. Recently I decided to buy fresh salmon and smoke it myself with a little chief smoker and it is just as good and saves major $$. They close at 5:00 so if you snooze you loose!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I love Barnacle Bill's. I think of their Smoked Salmon when we are not on the coast and can't wait to get back there every year. I found out this last time that you can order it and have it shipped to you anywhere in the States. I've had smoked salmon in many different places so to say this is the very best is a true statement. From moist to dry they are all fantastic big slabs of delicious melt in your mouth salmon. I'm getting hungry just thinking of it. :) Their crab is wonderful too. We just buy it shelled and take it back to our vacation rental throw it in a fresh green salad and we've got a meal fit for royalty. The next morning the rest is thrown into a crab omelet. Of course that's after we've had another bite or three of Smoked Salmon.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Don't let appearances fool you, Barnacle Bills is the place to get the freshest local fish available, when our extended family are staying in Lincoln City this is where I go to get my ingredients to cook for 9 people and indulge our seafood tastes. The smoked salmon is something I crave and is one of the first things I have to get when I hit town.

1  Thank wldrness
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Barnacle Bill's is a fish market that carries local seafood. Also smoked fish. It looks dumpy from the outside, but is obviously well-managed. The clerks (wait help?!?) were EAGER to help and give advice. They will cut fish into whatever sizes/weights you want. We hit the beginning of the salmon season and it was the best looking salmon I have seen. (The clerk said that the salmon in the case had been cut just fifteen minutes before, and was off a boat from Newport just down the road. "If it was any fresher it would still be swimming!") The smoked items ranged from moist to dry, depending on what you want to do with them. Nothing is "cheap," but the prices are very fair for what you receive. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stopped here while staying in Lincoln City on vacation. As a walk-up, seafood market this isn't really a restaurant, so have someplace else to go and eat/prepare your delicious seafood. We had the smoked salmon, which was among the best we've ever tasted. Although ~$20/lb, you'll be enjoying a real taste treat. The "moist" cuts are the best (mainly the fattier, belly meat), and the smoked salmon & cream cheese dip ($10 for two ~8 oz tubs) is also great. Combine the two on sandwich bread for a quick meal while on the beach, which offers much better views than the market (located on a busy corner with no place to sit down anyway). Oh, they don't take credit cards, so have cash, check or traveler's cheques available.

2  Thank Wile-E-One