“Great smoked salmon”

Barnacle Bill's Seafood Market
Ranked #3 of 110 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stopped for crab but the season hadn't started so we bought smoked salmon instead and it was very good! Moist and not to salty.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

My family visited Barnacle Bill's last year and have ordered smoked salmon by mail to their home in NC a couple of times. They always talked about how good it was...but I guess I didn't really get it until I received a gift of the BEST smoked salmon I have ever had. My husband and I were just going to "taste" it and then have some the next night. Didn't happen. We ate it all in one sitting. Now there's nothing left. Guess we'll have to order some ourselves!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We like to get a crab or two when we come to the coast. This place always has a line (which moves quickly). The staff is knowledgeable, friendly and fun. The crab are packed in ice individually and with care. This is a great place to get fresh crab without getting wet and dirty.

1  Thank Susan P
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Best place to buy fish in Lincoln City. We have never been disappointed. Get the smoked salmon and buy some cream cheese for an appetizer before your halibut and you will leave your family truly happy.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Barnacle Bill's has great, fresh-caught seafood. It's what my Scottish husband calls a "fish monger's"--it's not a restaurant, in other words. You choose the fresh or smoked seafood that you want, and take it away with you. My very favorite offering from them is their "super moist" smoked salmon. It's very, very moist, and very fatty. VERY expensive, too--but it's the option for smoked salmon that we choose every single time when we want to treat ourselves! Then we take it down to the beach, sit in our car, watch the waves, and savor every small mouthful of that salmon from heaven! Make sure you ask for their moistest offering if you're into salmon and want to try this. There are two other kinds of smoked salmon that they do, there, in addition to their super moist variety....

And if you're not into salmon, never fear--ALL of their seafood is fresh, delicious, and worth every penny. They'll even pack it in ice and bag it up for you, and if you spend a certain amount, they'll provide a styrofoam cooler for your purchases, to ensure it all makes it home as fresh and good as when it left their storefront. Just remember that you'll have to cook it yourself, unless you get something already smoked :-).

My only complaint? They accept cash, only. No cards. There have been times when we've had to pass them by when we wanted to stop because we didn't have enough cash on hand, and we didn't want to have to go elsewhere to get it. With luck, perhaps someday they'll be set up to take debit and credit. I hope so!