“Though not luxe, comfortable ocean front getaway”
Review of Ester Lee Motel

Ester Lee Motel
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed September 13, 2013

No real surprises after reading other reviews and looking at the online 3D view of the rooms. We brought our two little dogs, so knew we probably weren't getting the nicest room, but I thought it generally a great value, and appreciated how dog-friendly Ester Lee (and all of Lincoln City really) were. The view is wonderful and was worth putting up with occasional inconveniences. I found the bed very comfortable, the instant fire/heat was nice, and the kitchen worked fine for us after a grocery shop and cooking. The bath was nice-maybe recently remodeled as it seem to belong in a nicer apartment! On the down slope, the bedroom blinds did not adequately block the street light (we ended up rigging up a blanket over the window, and I let the staff know they needed added curtains), and I really missed having a sofa in the living room. We had two chairs, and I just never felt like I really got to stretch out and get comfortable watching t.v. If there were curtains and a comfy sofa, it would be a 5star for what it offers.

Room Tip: Look at the online 3D photos of the rooms. I liked being higher up for a bigger view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cynthia T

Reviewed September 4, 2013

After reading all of the great reviews, I was excited to stay here. We had room 126 which they told me upfront, was very small. They were right. The view was the only thing we enjoyed. The mattress was very uncomfortable. The shower went from hot to cold to hot in a matter of seconds.There was oneoutlet, we had to buy an extention cord. We stayed for three nights and they never replaced our dirty coffee cups and wine glasses, I called the office and the guy sounded put out, but sent someone to clean them for us. My biggest complaint which the motel cannot control I guess, was everytime I went out on my patio to read and look at the ocean, I was inundated with cigarette smoke on both sides of me. I couldn't leave my windows open at all because all I could smell was cigarette smoke. The people above us, which looked like several young families, would scream stuff out their window at their friends who came down to smoke on our porch. It was not the anniversary trip I had hoped for. I thought maybe with all of the vacancies after the holiday, they might bump us to a bigger room, didn't happen. All in all, I just felt like no one really cared.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kelmeg
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed 3 nights in one of the cottages and I will definitely stay there again. This is not a fancy place, some might describe it as dated, but I like that. It has a vintage feel but not run down at all. The room was comfortable and clean, the view was fantastic, the little kitchen nicely stocked with dishes, pots and pans etc. The staff was pleasant and took good care of us. What a great Oregon Coast treasure. Excellent value with amazing views.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ginny R
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We have spent many getaway times at the Ester Lee Motel over more than 15 years. This year was a surprise trip to my husband for our anniversary. The staff were all in on the planning and helped keep my "secret" of a friend's surprise arrival to join us for a couple of days. We love the time we spend here and it is a perfect getaway for us. The cabins have everything we need to sit back, relax, enjoy the view, walk the beach, a fire in cool weather and to cook if we choose.

Room Tip: Top floor in any of the cottages and top floor of the motel units for the best view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Judith T
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

I was given a couple gift certificates here for my boyfriend and I. I haven't stayed at many motels. I usually seem to go towards hotels, but I was very happy with my experience here. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Our room was very cozy, had a great view, a fireplace with unlimited firewood provided, a kitchen. It is the perfect little getaway and I would definitely come back here.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Alexcz4
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We were in a cottage, and you know from the start that they have been here a long time, But the furnishings are up to date. We had big windows( very clean, I might add) looking down to the bay. Our pet was provided with her own bed and towels for cleaning off dirty paws. There was a fireplace, a nice kitchen, and a patio to sit out on. We loved it and will be back for winter storm watching. Also very friendly and helpful staff.

Room Tip: Their website is very helpful and informative in helping you choose a room or cottage.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sue_zOregon
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is an Oregon coast hotel at it's best: the Ester Lee Motel has character (a little 70's, 80's and 90's!) but is clean! The kitchen had all of our cooking needs! We stayed in room 202 on the second floor and had amazing views of the ocean.

And, the price was right! We'll definitely make our way there again. It's nice to have an affordable choice in Lincoln City.

Room Tip: I would try and get one on the second floor and with a kitchen!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple