“A little dated, but great views!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ester Lee Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lincoln City
Ester Lee Motel
Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Hermiston, Oregon
“A little dated, but great views!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed here for one night recently. We stayed in room 212 which had a great ocean view. The room has a kitchen, living room and back bedroom. The appliances, furniture, bathroom, etc., are quite dated, but everything was very clean and in good working condition. There is a gas fireplace in the living room. The only real complaint I had about the room was the bed. It was really awful. Queen sized and soft, almost like a hammock...my husband and I kept sliding to the center and then waking up, not a restful night! And on a personal taste note, the carpet in the bathroom is not my style, for cleanliness reasons. The access to the beach here is not just walking out of your back door onto the sand like some of the really expensive hotels...but it isn't that complicated. You walk down a paved road that is moderately steep. Then at the bottom you walk down a short dirt, sand and rock path to the sandy beach. It was not hard for me or my husband, but someone with medical needs would want to pick somewhere easier to get to the beach from. The staff here were awesome....so nice and friendly every time we dealt with them. We did rent a movie while we were there, it was $4.00 for one movie and 75 cents if you want popcorn. They have a good movie selection. All in all, this is a budget friendly place to stay and it has awesome views, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 212 has a great "corner view" three windows in front and one on the North corner as w...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank neesue

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
Portland, Oregon, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed in room 102 for 5 days and nights. I got on the w-fi once just long enough to let some people know we were o,k, and made it safe!!! After that there was no comuication on the internet wi-fi system. They kept telling me come to office and do your work? 3 brief cases , printer, 2 lap tops no way!!!!!! and a lot of paper work. i lost more than 500 hundred dollars in business and The Ester Lee lost my bussinses also, View was awesome but making things right is not their bussiness.
They didn't care if we came back or not even tho we had been there a few times before. If view is all you want great!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wi-fi Service ??????????????????MAYBE!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Room 102 No wi-fi service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Refrigerator noisy!!!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Judy N
Keizer, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Best darn coastal weekend with girlfriends. The Ester Lee even welcomed us by putting happy birthday on their marquee. What a FABULOUS front staff....warm & friendly. Made us feel so welcomed.

We stayed in a two bedroom cottage that had a fantastic view of the ocean. We all love the rustic feel with all the ammenities. Having a full kitchen that was fully supplied with dishes, cooking utensils, pans and cooking sheets was a huge plus! It was great to be able to get up every morning and cook breakfast and sit and enjoy the awesome view.

This is the ONLY place I will stay in Lincoln City...it is a jewel!!!!

Room Tip: The street level cottages are the best! It is home away from home, but with an awesome view of the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank KathyFromOregon
Washington, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

This is our favorite place to stay on the Oregon Coast and has been since 1980. The reason: a million dollar view that won't break the piggy bank. The rooms are clean and spacious. The beds are comfortable but if you are sleeping on a sofa-sleeper, bring a camping mattress to put over top of it. The front desk staff are very friendly and efficient. Be prepared, however, to walk down to the beach and bring a walking stick if you are not very nimble. You have to navigate some rocks and a little hill at the end of the walk in order to reach the beach. But it is so worth it. The tide pools are amazing. Best months to go: May and September. They seem to be the warmest. Check out the video on their website before choosing a room so you get one that meets your expectations. Our family can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Check out the video on their website to select your room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank WindyRuth
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

Growing up, my parents took me on many vacations to the Oregon Coast and so I've seen my fair share of coastal motels, hotels, and the like. In my years of traveling down the 101, no establishment has been able to surpass the quality and quaint-ness that is the Ester Lee. Not only can it legitimately boast of an amazing ocean view (with a path to the beach) but the staff is friendly and obliging. I came during the 4th of July week and as soon as I told the folks at the Ester Lee I was planning on watching fireworks, one woman quickly grabbed the local paper and pointed me to a list of events (including the fireworks show in Siletz Bay- which you shouldn't miss). I've stayed in the cottages three times and each time has been great. They are a bit older but please don't let that change your mind. This past time, we had a split level cottage with a full kitchen and good sized living room (complete with bay window featuring the lovely Pacific). We even rented a movie and bought some popcorn from the office one evening. It's near everything in Lincoln City and even if you're at a loss for things to do, I'm confident the staff will be more than happy to assist you. The cottages are a little more money to stay in, but take my advice and just go for it. It's completely worth it. My family and friends (and this reviewer) have never regretted it!

Room Tip: splurge on a cottage. Your stay will be quieter and you'll have the convenience of a kitchen and...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank BreadBABE109
Beaverton, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

I was a little skeptical about staying here, as it looked very typical, nothing special. I entered the room and realized that our view was one of the best I've ever experienced in a motel room. Right on the water, I think we spent more time sitting in front of the window than anywhere else those 2 or 3 days. I would recomment this COMPLETELY, because the price wasn't insane either. We got much more than what we paid for, I feel. The only minor complaint I have is that the internet was down for a bit, which made it hard to look for things to do around Lincoln City. But we mentioned something to the front desk and they were able to get it up as soon as they could.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank KierstenGray
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

This place is great. It was recommended to me by a friend because I was looking for a place I could stay with my dog. I stayed in one of the cottages and loved it.

Ester Lee is a bit on the older side, but it is part of the charm of staying on the Oregon Coast. We have stayed in 3 different cottages so far, and we have had a great time every time. The view is fantastic from the room, and you only have to walk down a short paved road to get to the beach. Being above the beach gives you a better view though!

The office staff has always been friendly. The rooms have everything you need..dishes, corkscrew, full kitchen, a fan, and even extra dog blankets.

We will stay at the Ester Lee every time we go to the beach.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple