“Husband, Doggie & I Had a GREAT First Visit!”
Review of Ester Lee Motel

Ester Lee Motel
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Where do I begin? We needed only one night (a Saturday) for a Sunday morning half marathon. Luckily, dog-friendly cottage 116 was available. As others have stated, the ocean view is OUTSTANDING! 116 is twice the size of a standard hotel room (and I adore the original mid-century built-ins and hardware). The little screen windows allow in fresh air and the ever-present sounds of the ocean (sigh). The ladies at the front desk were very sweet. Beach access is top-notch, there's plenty of parking, DVD player is a bonus, and the fire place was a delight. They even provide extra blankets for canine guests to use! The noon checkout was especially appreciated, as it allowed me to finish the half marathon, get back to the room, and shower before checkout. Ester Lee made our first visit to Lincoln City a super one and because of them, we'll certainly be back.

Room Tip: 116 was HUGE and pet-friendly.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Martrese

Reviewed March 6, 2012

Ester Lee is a great seaside experience, and I have been coming back for years with family, friends, partners, and by myself. The motel section has great views of the beach and ocean, and has a completely equiped kitchen and a warm gas fireplace. It's fun to prepare meals with the ocean surf right in front of you. Access to the beach is via a paved road. Cottages are also available that accomodate pets. For what you get, this is a very reasonable place to stay.

Room Tip: The corner motel rooms have more windows, and the second floor is probably the best view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank jerrypj
Reviewed March 5, 2012

This was an absolutely beautiful place to stay. The staff was very friendly and accomidating. The room was very clean and comfortable. I loved the view...breathtaking!!! The kitchen was full of cooking supplies and it felt like home!!! I would reccommend to anyone, and we will be back...soon!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tara N Sean M
Reviewed March 5, 2012

We came to the coast from Eugene only having one night to stay. I had tried to make several reservations previously but was turned down because they would not make a one night (Sunday night) reservation...so we took a chance. As we drove by the Ester Lee, we saw it had cute cottages right on the water so we stopped in. We had hoped for a kitchen...we got it...we had hoped for a fireplace...we got it... we had hoped for a full ocean view...we got it...we had hoped for easy beach access...we got it...AND SO MUCH MORE!!! The staff was super friendly and the rates were very reasonable!!! They found out it was my birthday and the next morning MY NAME was on the sign!!! That to me is ABOVE and BEYOND!!! We are already planning our next trip and we will be staying as long as we can!!! Thank you Ester Lee!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JenEugeneOR
Reviewed March 5, 2012

This wasn't the first time I have stayed at this hidden gem. Every room I have stayed in has had an amazing view with all the comforts I need. I brag to my friends "the view is just like staying at the Inn at Spanish Head only better". It isn't just the views which brings me back. The front desk folks are friendly and the customer service is great. It also makes for a good central location for shopping the Outlet stores, good eats, and all of the other things you would enjoy being at the beach. If gambling is your thing, like it is mine, Chinook Winds Casino is just a short drive down the road, or you can even catch a shuttle to the Casino from the motel. I recommend this location for business and for fun.

Room Tip: All the rooms have great views. Most of the motel rooms are set up the same. I recommend using the...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Renee C
Reviewed March 4, 2012

On our arrival the front desk was so friendly I love the small town feel of this motel.
They had only three rooms left so it was nearly at capacity but still very quiet in the evening.
We've always enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank GTCG
Reviewed March 2, 2012

We spent two mid-week nights here. The location is good, the view is excellent. They have a web site that lets you see both the room and the view from the room. Some slight noise from the room above, so a top floor room would be even better. Clean, comfortable, homey.

Room Tip: Use the web site to preview the room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple