All reviews ocean front great view no elevator room was clean beach access ceiling fan picture window new carpet a ground floor room jacuzzi tub oregon coast bottom floor love this place get away coffee maker gas fireplace stairs
Selected filters
Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

After a change of plans I had to cancel my reservations, but due to a computer glich the hotel never cancelled my room, and I was understandably charged the No-show fee. Upon talking to a manager here I was told that if I could provide proof of the cancellation they would refund the charges. I worked with Expedia.com for a month on gathering all the proof they requested and they still refused to refund the charges. This is very unfortunate that they refused to follow their own policy and was willing to lose a customer over $250. Maybe they need it for renovations or something, but it was definitely not their money to keep, espcially for no reason. I was looking forward to staying here next summer but now I am not comfortable booking a room with a hotel that cares so much more about a little money than their customers. I wonder what other ways they scam their guests, or if they even care.

Date of stay: August 2018
4  Thank dreew
Reviewed August 15, 2018

I have been staying here for over 10 years. The location is great and the staff has been friendly and helpful. Today their hospitality went way beyond the boundaries of comfort. When I walked in to check in the clerk was busy laying down 2 towels on the check in counter saying, "If the manager says anything about this I'll take the blame". There was a woman holding a baby who proceeded to lay the baby girl down on the work counter and remover a dirty diaper! She took her sweet time about it usind multiple diaper wipes carefully cleaning every crevice and crack of this baby, completely oblivious to the 3 men standing there to check in and me as well as the male clerk! Now mind you, this couple had just parked their car before coming in. Why the idiot did not take care of this matter in her car or wait until they went to their room is beyond me. Frankly, the clerk needs to use better judgement in the future and NOT accomodate something so distasteful in front of an audience when it is totally unnecessary.

Room tip: Don't count on getting the room you booked.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bev H
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I spent 3 nights at this lovely little hotel. By no means is this a fancy hotel but it is absolutely delightful. It only has about 50 rooms and 3 levels. Once we got there we asked about a ground floor room, (which we never want), but considering the view thought it would be ideal. However, after observing all of the fog and the stream of patrons and their dogs, we were glad to “not” be on the first floor.
The room was cozy, with a fridge, microwave, lazy boy chair, and a fire place. Yes, a fire place. I was in heaven. The window only opens slightly but I was able to open the window, listen to the waves and turn on the fireplace. I hated when the time came for us to leave. The hotel is a flight of stairs up from the beach. The hotel appeared to have undergone a few little upgrades: a coat of paint, a few patches, new carpet. Unfortunately, the wi-fi was useless initially even affecting our own service. However, my husband, “the fixer” went and gave them a piece of his mind and when we returned from our excursion the next day, the owner was re-wiring the place for wi-fi and yes it worked well after that. Who re-wires a whole building to please 2 customers? In the long run all patrons benefit but they did it to please us.
The hotel was in a good location to restaurants, the outlet mall, the main drag, and Depoe Bay. Being close to the ocean was great, it was just pretty cold and foggy for most of our visit but still absolutely amazing. And parking was free. I would stay here again and again if I ever have the opportunity to return. The price was reasonable, the hotel cute. I found it to be a hidden gem, hope you too will discover it.

Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights. Older motel room but clean with an ocean view. Very nice front desk staff. Definitely not fancy but if your main goal is ocean viewing it could be nice for you. The bathroom is tiny and the room is fairly small but as long as you know what you are getting you will enjoy. This place can make improvements for sure but it does the job for a place to sleep.

Reviewed July 25, 2018

Room had everything you can get in a hotel twice the price, it was clean, updated and comfy. Great Ocean view and access to the beach from hotel. Definately would recomend for room, veiw, location and price!