“Great View”

Sailor Jack Ocean Front Motel
Ranked #19 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed for one night in a third floor room. We had a great view directly over the ocean. The walls are a bit thin as I could the TV next door. The only way I could get the Wi-Fi to work was to sit near the entry door. It did not work in bed or on the desk. The price was reasonable for Lincoln City in the summer. The furnishings, condition and cleanliness were average.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 14, 2013

My Husband and I made a reservation to stay at this motel on our way back from a visit to California.I booked the reservation through a website according to reviews. Never again would I recommend this place to ANYONE . The building itself looked unkept and not safe.We were given a room on the third floor 308 .I am very particular about cleanliness so I checked the mattress on the bed there was a BIG STAIN on it. I returned to the front desk to complain. The new girl working at the front desk was very nice and apologetic. The manager although pleasant asked me " Was the Stain Wet Or Dry" !!!!! He apologized and upgraded us to another room 214 where guess what not only did the bed look like someone had slept in it already but the mattress was also stained. Very upset I returned to the office . The manager then himself took me to a room where he assured me the mattress was fairly new . He himself pulled up the sheets and guess what stain in the mattress. That was it I told him I would like a refund he did apologize and refunded me the money.Just writing this note to let everyone know not always to trust the reviews written.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Wendy K
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Easy to find, wonderful view and GREAT for our dog. We reserved late and had the third floor room with a kitchen and bedroom. Would love to see an elevator for this old lady with a really bad back, but ultimately the stairs are good for me; even the ones to the beach. The staff was very helpful and friendly. It was our second time there, and we were just as satisfied this time as we were last June (2012).
Some things I observed: People have extremely high expectations... The reason for all the "donts and charges incurred are because stupid people expect that they should be treated special and let their dogs crap anywhere they feel like it and don't pick up after them. The motel has had to put in camera's to catch you! I like the don't feed the birds policy, and if you go to other motels, they ALL have the same policy. They don't want the birds harassing the guests. Also, you shouldn't expect the staff to do your dishes either... that is your job, or you get charged for it. EVERY rental along the coast has that policy.
You can get into your car and drive 4 blocks to where you can drive onto the beach if you don't want to take the stairs down.
People are just plain rude, the visitors, not the staff!
Remember, the reason 99% of motels won't take dogs anymore is because of jerks who abuse the PRIVILEDGE of motels allowing them.
This motel is just fine for responsible pet owners and anyone who is looking for an easygoing weekend place to stay. We'll return, and will be thrilled that the people complaining about being charged for doing irresponsible stuff won't!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 25, 2013

located a few short blocks away from hwy 101 so you only hear the ocean sounds is this oceanfront property

Check in was cold and impersonal. The list of donts and the charges incurred, which ranged from feeding the birds, unchecked dogs and dishes left unwashed were a few of the no-no's we were admonished about.

It was pretty much a standard motel room with nothing much to write about

The 2 grassy areas were clearly marked "no pets allowed" when i asked where do i walk the dog i was pointed to an area up the street about 50 yards away or an sloped area at the end of the parking lot behind a short retainer wall ----or you could walk down the 50 or so steps to the beach- which of course means a 50 or so step walk back up to your room

Since we take our dog to the beach we wont be staying here again-but i would be ok for a couple without a dog that doesnt mind the stairs to the beach

Room Tip: all rooms face the ocean but its a 3 story property so if you dont want to deal with the stairs ask...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lougee1043
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Great location on the water and the rooms have been recently renovated. They were clean and the beds were great. The staff were open and friendly. I had never been in Lincoln City before. We ended up staying an extra day to enjoy the local and the room by the sea. All the rooms opened on the ocean and beach.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
SailorJack O, General Manager at Sailor Jack Ocean Front Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay at Sailor Jack! We're glad you enjoyed your room and stayed an extra day with us too. We hope you're having a lovely summer in Canada and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Excellent for the price. helpful staff, and nice rooms right on the beach. The Jacuzzi tub facing the ocean is definitely my wifes favorite ammenity. In a town with a lot of bogus deals and overpriced rooms and condos, Sailor Jacks will be my new go to motel everytime I stay in Lincoln city. We spent our first anniversry there and paid like 79 dollars I think. Last year we honeymonned at one of the condos down the street (Pacific winds I think) and were charged 200.00 a night plus a 35 dollar insurance deposit , plus a 50 dollar cleaning fee, then got charged an extra 80.00 for not taking out our own trash. Sailor Jacks is our new spot!!!

Room Tip: No elevator, and the top floor is the third so consider that when booking.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
SailorJack O, General Manager at Sailor Jack Ocean Front Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you for your review of Sailor Jack! We are glad you enjoyed your room and your stay with us. We got the rest of the bathroom sinks and cabinets installed - we look forward to hearing what you think of them. Best wishes for a safe summer and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed the first week of Jan for my birthday. I had a jacuzzi suite. Wonderful, awesome, beautiful view, and I think they ordered incredible weather for me too. (I experienced sunsets, sunrises and a bald eagle that I've never seen over the ocean before!) The staff wished me "Happy Birthday" and greeted me each day with a smile. Clean comfortable room. And just 42 steps to thw beach! Treat yourself, stay at Sailor Jacks!!!

• Stayed: January 2013
SailorJack O, General Manager at Sailor Jack Ocean Front Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Thank you for your review of Sailor Jack!! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon. Cheers :)