“what a surprise!”

Eleanor's Undertow Takeout
Ranked #2 of 8 Dessert in Lincoln City
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I was a mom by myself, with 4 children, including 2 teenagers, when I took my first trip to the Oregon Coast. After playing on the beach all day, I didn't think it appropriate to take dirty, tired, hungry kids into a quieter nice seafood restaurant. And I didn't want to go to McDonalds. So Elanor's looked like the kind of place I could take my kids. It was fantastic for kids, but I loved it too. Real shakes with hard ice cream, the best fish and chips I've ever had (and not fried, yay!) fun games where the kids could interact with each other, and a retro appeal that reminded me of when I was a kid.
Every time I go to Lincoln City, I visit Elanor's, even without the kids. And I always call ahead to let them know I'll be in town, so they will make some of my favorite berry cobbler.
I went there this last summer for my 50th birthday after a long hike, and it was just as good and fun as the first time. And the best part? One of the owners (who one of the workers told me is about 90 years old) dutifully worked behind the counter. I love good food, good fun, and small entrepeneurship.
Take your cash (no credit cards) and get ready for some fun. Don't be in a rush. Just because it's malts, burgers and fish n chips, doesn't mean it's fast food. It's quality fun food!
Take your time, get to know the owners, and enjoy your meal! And order and have them save some cobbler for you before you go!

1  Thank NWKristin

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We had the greatest experience today at Eleanor's undertow, the food and the service was fantastic... Very nice friendly people (I love nice people) one of the owners took time to come out to visit with and give us the history behind the restaurant, their fish is cooked by convection so its not oily at all, I had a great Halibut sandwich which was amazing and their clam chowder is delicious.. It has malt shop atmosphere with game area, pool tables, video games and a jukebox. What a wonderful place!

1  Thank Rick S
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

It was busy when we were there...three large parties...took about 15 minutes to get our food and it was worth the wait. The halibut fish & chips is especially good. Ask for the malt vinegar! Cool retro drinks and tons of flavors of ice cream round out the menu. Always fun.

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We come for the ice cream after a day at the beach, always fun, always tasty. Went here as a kid, and love that now I can take my kids!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Food was great and the staff was very personable. It was just a little family owned diner. Pool tables and arcade games to keep the kids entertained. We will definitely be back when we are in the area again.