Check Availability
Make Inquiry
Average
Carriage House
Carriage House
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

vandreas
Portland, Oregon
“Needs Some TLC”
Reviewed August 19, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

We haven't stayed at in the Seahaven Community for awhile. Our last experience was great. Elkhaven is the last house on the road and is surrounded by forest. It is quiet. Nice to look out the window and not see another home. The house has 3 bedroom suites and plenty of space for up to nine. We had eight. The kitchen has all the amenities you need to prepare breakfast, lunch or dinner. The beds were comfortable and we all slept well. They also have a comfortable blow-up bed. That is where the charm ends.

This house is up for sale and that may be part of the problem. Walking up to the entrance you notice that the porch walls need to be swept of the bugs and webs. Entering the living room the furniture is dirty, a seat cover is worn and is beginning to tear. The walls around the dining area are marked by gouges because the table and chairs do not fit into the space. There were only 4 glasses in the cupboard, but they had canning jars for glassware. We do not wear shoes in the house and took them off at the entrance. During the course of getting settled and having dinner, we noticed the bottoms of our feet were dirty. The heavy shag area rug in the living room had numerous pieces of food and other debris that our toddler was finding. The coffee table legs were broken and barely held up the table. The throw rugs at the entrances were filthy. There was only one towel per person. No bath rugs. My pillow was ripped and scattering stuffing all over the bed. My grandson's quilt had stains and food on the bed spread.

The hide a bed in the basement was comfortable to sit on but you could not pull out the sleeper. It was badly damaged.

We had planned to bbq our first evening, but the propane tank was empty. Then the disposal would not work. When I called the next morning, the propane was there within an hour along two great guys who fixed the disposal. Unfortunately, the disposal went out again on our last evening.

I have to say that I have a problem paying the cleaning fee and then having to strip beds. I understand cleaning up my mess in the kitchen, packing up my food and taking out the trash, but I've stayed in many other rentals where none of this is required.

Elkhaven does not give you that "homey' feel that you find in other nice rentals. I won't stay in this home again. I like to rent high end vacation homes to get the full effect of being pampered. You won't find that here.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The kitchen.
Liked least: The condition of the home. Looks worn.
Traveling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Nov 30, 2016
Thank you for your review on Elkhaven. We appreciate your feedback on the home as it assists us in continuing to improve our service to our guests. As a service to our guests we offer 24 hour on call personnel to assist with any issues during their stay. The list of check-out procedures, like stripping the beds, is just a suggestion to assist our housekeeping staff in getting the home ready for the upcoming guests. We are truly sorry that you did not feel like this home gave you the homey feel that you were looking for. We look forward to meeting your expectations in the future with one of our fabulous vacation homes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing