“A special bargain”
Review of Shanico Inn

Shanico Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Lebanon
Reviewed October 16, 2012

It is a real treat to find a place in the $50 range as nice as this. The management are wonderfully friendly, it is nice to feel welcome after a long drive. Super clean and all the amenities one needs, Cable, fridge, microwave, and a coffee maker. Comfy bed. A good place to eat right next door helps. And there are grocery stores very close. The jacuzzi mentioned on the reader board is misleading though, it is only in one room. There is much to do in the Lebanon area so if you go this is the only place in town worthwhile.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank artitch
Shanicoinn, Owner at Shanico Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you in the future. we will do our best to improve our room so you can enjoy your stay at Shanico inn.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

July 7th, I called & made reservations with the manager for August 18, 2012. Our daughter was getting married and we needed accommodations. First of all, I scheduled the room for 2 nights, then called the week before & with my husband's bad health we decided to stay just one. I called & spoke with the manager, once again making sure that we had the handicapped room. We are both on SSD & with the arthritis in my husband's back, made sure the reservation was for the handicapped room as my husband can not climb stairs. On 8/18/2012, we arrived 1.5 hours before the wedding, only to be informed they had given the hadicapped room away and we have the one upstairs. Thanks to Valley Inn, we found a room. I would NOT recommend this motel to anyone. The managers are old, but that's NO EXCUSE!!

Room Tip: Don't ever stay here.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I can't amagine what the other motels in Lebanon are like but I will not stay in Lebanon except in my RV-most of my review is on cleanliness -all of the linens needed cleaned with Bleach-the carpet was so bad I would not walk without socks or shoes-the "love seat" was so stained my wife put our own sheet over it before we sat down-I was charged 7 dollars for each of two small dogs each night and I didn't want them to lay on the carpet-my wife took a towel and wiped a stain off the carpet with very little effort - I realize with the economy being poor, capital outlay doesnt come easy but it doesn't cost much to shampoo the carpet occasionally? A little bleach wouldn't hurt. Please have a smoking area away from the front of the Lobby- it looks tacky to set for hours a day smoking and greeting visitors

Room Tip: Stay in Albany
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Bob H
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I stayed at this motel on July 1-2, 2012. The bad reviews must have made a difference I don't know when the first 2 reviewers stayed, but I agree a lot with "elizabeth k". . Yes, this place is basic, but it is clean, and by far, a LOT better than the other 2 choices in town. There simply is no fabulous lodging in this town, not even a chain location. The manager (husband & wife) were very nice and gave me a room at the last minute with no reservation right before a major US holiday. My room was extremely clean and spacious. This place is right on Hwy 20 (as are the others 2 motels in town) but I could not hear the vehicle noise at all with the fan on. The restaurant next door is OK too.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Kat C
Management response:Responded July 14, 2012

Kat C,

Thank you for staying at the Shanico Inn, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we will continue to improve the quality of the Shanico Inn.

Shanico Inn

Reviewed January 8, 2012

My husband & I first contacted this hotel a month in advance of our trip to Lebanon. My husband grew up in Lebanon so is no stranger to the area. When he first called the hotel to inquire the rate for a weekly stay, he was told it would be somewhere around $230. He was also told the room had a kitchenette with stove/oven, full sized refrigerator, sink, etc. That was good since we were going to be in Lebanon for a week. Two weeks before we left on our trip he called again to make the reservation. A man, the Manager, answered this time & told him the weekly rate would be $340, that the woman who had quoted us $230 was "ditzy" and didn't always get things straight. Ok, $340 was still within our price range and not bad for the week of Christmas. The Manager did reiterate the kitchenette with stove/oven, full size refrigerator, etc. My husband said this would be good since I liked to cook when we stay for a week or more. When we checked into our room it was two queen sized beds since all the kings were upstairs & we were not going to climb stairs. The hotel was not full. Our room was freezing & it took the heater awhile to warm it up. Imagine my surprise when I started to look for some dishes, etc. in the cabinets and there were none to be found. My husband contacted the Manager and the Manager said "Oh, I thought we discussed this before.....the stove doesn't work, it's disconnected. Insurance issue". Uh......no....this was NOT discussed before and my husband had even made it a point of telling the Manager that I liked to cook when we stayed for a week or more in a room with a kitchenette. But.....there was a full sized-refrigerator & small microwave. We paid for 7 nights. On the 6th night we had car problems & knew we were going to be staying another couple of nights so all we needed to do was pay for an extra night. The Manager told my husband he would extend our stay for another night (after the 7th one) and that we could have the same nightly rate. On the 8th day when my husband went in to pay for the extra night, the Manager told him the rate would be 34 dollars more than what we had alread paid. This after just telling us the day before that we could have the same rate......an outright lie. We packed up our things & checked out. We were misled to begin with, there was misrepresentation with the stove issue and then we were just outright lied to. Never will we stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dollc
Reviewed December 24, 2011

We stayed at this motel and it was a terrible experience. They rooms were filthy, the towels were dirty still had make up on them from the previous guests. To top that off we paid for three nights decided to stay an extra two went and paid for those nights our check was suppose to be saturday morning before eleven. We got back to the hotel our would not work and they kicked us out even though I had the receipts to show that we paid. They received one night free on us and only gave us thirty minutes to get all our stuff. Don't ever stay here!!! They are a total rip off!!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Charmin B
Reviewed November 21, 2011

If you want a clean, basic motel without frills, this might be a good choice, especially if you're an Oregon State University fan. It's only about 20 miles east of OSU and doesn't fill up very quickly prior to home game days. Owned by a retired Marine, it has wifi, comfortable beds, clean linens and color TV, but no pool, spa or anything fancy. The price reflects this. We stay here when we attend OSU games. Pleasant, quiet, lots of hot water. Microwave, refrigerator, in-room coffee maker, iron, ironing board, hair dryer. Very small vanity counter. Overall, as I said, very nice and we are return customers. Lebanon is a nice, typical smallish Oregon town with a lot of farmland around it, about 10 miles east of Interstate 5.

Room Tip: This time we got an upstairs room in the ell closer to the street and it was just as quiet as last y...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank elizabeth k
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
Valley Inn Motel Lebanon
Rodeway Inn Albany
Rodeway Inn Albany
#5 of 10 in Albany
11 mi away
Quality Inn & Suites Albany
Best Western Premier Boulder Falls Inn
Cascades City Center Motel

Been to Shanico Inn? Share your experiences!