“Nice place in Southern Oregon small town”
Review of Fremont Inn

Fremont Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Lakeview
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Sometimes it is a little scary when you go to small towns but this hotel was really nice. Traveling with grandkids so it worked perfect to have the deluxe room with two separate rooms. It had a kitchenette and small dining table. Clean and modern...really worth the price. They also served a good free breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Doug O

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a great property. I was just looking to get off the road after a long days drive so expectations were low. What a pleasant surprise! Greeted by friendly staff. The room was large, comfortable, very clean with a homey feel. Despite being on main road, the room was very quiet for both outside and inside noise. Breakfast was shot and tasty, cooked fresh, not steam table. It was a great temptation to delay my trip and stay in Lakeview an extra day. My room was more like a studio apartment than hotel room. Walk down two doors to a great little Mexican restaurant.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Dennis W
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We were on our way to Reno and needed a place for the night. What a nice surprise. The rooms were very spacious and the breakfast was just what we needed.
This motel is a converted assisted living facility so there is lots of space in the rooms and the dining area. The beds are very comfortable and pleasant.

We are planning on returning to see the Hart Mountain wildlife preserve. We will definitely stay here when we return.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aprilandfred
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Rooms were large, very clean and well lit. Had a refrigerator, microwave, utensils and sink for a longer stay. Good breakfast with real eggs and china, not styrofoam and plastic. Staff was friendly and helpful. A good deal all around. I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Mabarino
Reviewed September 29, 2013

It's more like a motel, not a B & B.
The Fremont Inn was a residential home for seniors in a previous incarnation. It still smells a bit like grandmas perfume and Aquanet hairspray.
The rooms were very basic, but roomy and clean. The WiFi was substandard with little bandwidth and connection problems. When I phoned the front desk, the receptionist told me I could bring my laptop to him and he would "try to fix the difficulty with your computer" (!!!) I have never, ever had someone at a hotel offer to "fix" connectivity problems by working on my laptop. I decided to forgo any internet connection that night.
The hot breakfast was also a disappointment. All of the food items in the "hot" bar (scrambled eggs, link sausage, biscuits and gravy) were cold. The specialty coffee dispenser had 4 choices,(vanilla latte, hot chocolate, mocha, etc.) but only 2 were operating...the other two were listed as "out of order". The bathrooms adjacent to the breakfast area were taped off with a sign that read "out of order".

On previous visits to Lakeview, we'd always stayed at the Best Western. After our experience at the Fremont Inn, I would choose the Best Western as my first choice hands down.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vfrdistaff
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stopped in Lakeview and went to the Fremont Inn! The place was clean beds comfortable nice rooms! Great for anyone with handicaps, as the their is easy access everywhere. I would highly recommend this motel. We we gone for 8 days and this was one of the best places we stayed. Oh yes, great breakfast.

Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Great service, clean rooms, helpful staff and good breakfast. I would highly recommend to anyone passing through Lakeview. My review has to be 200 characters so I am going to also mention the breakfast. Good options for a continental spread. Free laundry service too. This place rocks.

• Stayed: August 2013