Fremont Inn
  • Spa
Great 4.5/5
Essex Motel(Alturas)
Good 3.5/5
All reviewswafflesin townsmall townfull size refrigeratorrooms are largehamgreat hotelnursing homethe nicest placeassisted livingample parkingfour nightsplace to staygrocery storeunder coverstayed here numerous timesthe breakfast area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Rooms were large, very clean and well lit. Had a refrigerator, microwave, utensils and sink for a longer stay. Good breakfast with real eggs and china, not styrofoam and plastic. Staff was friendly and helpful. A good deal all around. I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Mabarino
Reviewed September 29, 2013

It's more like a motel, not a B & B.
The Fremont Inn was a residential home for seniors in a previous incarnation. It still smells a bit like grandmas perfume and Aquanet hairspray.
The rooms were very basic, but roomy and clean. The WiFi was substandard with little bandwidth and connection problems. When I phoned the front desk, the receptionist told me I could bring my laptop to him and he would "try to fix the difficulty with your computer" (!!!) I have never, ever had someone at a hotel offer to "fix" connectivity problems by working on my laptop. I decided to forgo any internet connection that night.
The hot breakfast was also a disappointment. All of the food items in the "hot" bar (scrambled eggs, link sausage, biscuits and gravy) were cold. The specialty coffee dispenser had 4 choices,(vanilla latte, hot chocolate, mocha, etc.) but only 2 were operating...the other two were listed as "out of order". The bathrooms adjacent to the breakfast area were taped off with a sign that read "out of order".

On previous visits to Lakeview, we'd always stayed at the Best Western. After our experience at the Fremont Inn, I would choose the Best Western as my first choice hands down.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vfrdistaff
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stopped in Lakeview and went to the Fremont Inn! The place was clean beds comfortable nice rooms! Great for anyone with handicaps, as the their is easy access everywhere. I would highly recommend this motel. We we gone for 8 days and this was one of the best places we stayed. Oh yes, great breakfast.

Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Great service, clean rooms, helpful staff and good breakfast. I would highly recommend to anyone passing through Lakeview. My review has to be 200 characters so I am going to also mention the breakfast. Good options for a continental spread. Free laundry service too. This place rocks.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was a good place just north of the "downtown" area, within easy walking distance. It is hard to think of any distinguishing characteristics on either the plus or the minus side. But there is nothing wrong with being a solid value in a convenient location. The A/C was a little noisy but nothing out of the ordinary, and it was effective at cooling the room. The breakfast choices were varied and fresh. I expect it would be our choice if we stay in Lakeview again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple