We stayed here on August 14, 2004. It was chosen based on their website descriptions of the hot springs heated pool and the geyser. The outdoor pool was as advertised- a WONDERFUL 98 degrees and my boyfriend and I got it all to ourselves that night.
Sadly, due to irrigation and drought conditions, the water table is too low for the geyser to be going. The ponds in the area were still full of ducks and other wildlife, but very low. Wish they would note this on their website so future guests aren't disappointed.
Our room was simply furnished and a bit rundown, but very clean. A bonus for me was the "greeter animals"-- two friendly cats, and a lively dog who liked to chase after thrown rocks.
I think the description of "resort" is stretching it a bit, since there wasn't much to do there but swim in the pool (since the dining room is closed for renovation), but the staff and their pets were very helpful and friendly, so overall, I do give Hunter's my recommendation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Features a geyser, motel and hot spring. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hunter's Hot Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hunter`s Hot Springs Hotel Lakeview
- Hunters Hot Springs Hotel
- Hunter's Hot Springs Resort Lakeview, Oregon