“Exactly what we paid for”

Spinreel Dune Buggy and ATV Rental
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Lakeside
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My partner and I aren't experienced ATVers and we didn't want to get lost in this area, so we went on a half hour tour of the dunes with this company. It was so much fun! Our driver zipped up and down the dunes and it was equal parts terrifying and awesome. It was actually a bit like a roller coaster! I sat in the back so I was absolutely covered with sand by the end.

Our guide/driver was friendly and stopped twice to let us get pictures.

All in all, it was exactly what we paid for and I would use this company again.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We just arrived to Oregan Coast last night from BC Canada. Our first time out here & our first adventure...ATV'ing on the sand dunes!! My four boys had a blast!!! 3 of them drove their own atv's while my husband & I drive the four seated with your youngest son. The staff at Spinreel were amazing from start to finish. They went above & beyond their call of duty offering to drive my husband back to our hotel when we realized at the end of our two hour ride that we had lost our car keys somewhere out on the dunes!! A BIG THANK YOU to Aaron for driving Stuart back to the hotel to retrieve our extra set of keys...& for the education that the boys received On tarantulas while we waited.....thank you for your kindness & helpfulness. Your service was much appreciated & we will recommend this place to all our friends that visit from Canada!

Have a wonderful summer!!! The Neufeld family

Reviewed July 9, 2012

If you are touring the Oregon coastline, stop just north of the North Bend area and have fun on ATVs and dune buggies! We took the one hour sand dunes free ride but there are also 2 hour rides at the beach. On this attraction, our ages ranged from pre-teens to early 70s and we each found a vehicle that worked for us, because you can drive your own, be a passenger in a 2 or 4 person buggy and there are even guided tours of the dunes where you ride in a much larger vehicle. We all had lots of fun and wanted to ride more. Prices ranged from about $60 and hour to $130 and hour, depending on size of vehicle; there are half hour and longer tours too. If you know you'll be in the area, call and reserve what you want because we didn't and just happened to be lucky enough to get what we needed. However, people coming in just behind us didn't so I think reservations are a great way to save time.
Staff were super friendly and we did have to sit through a safety video; paperwork took up some time. Very, very informative staff member made sure you understood the safety procedures of the video and gave a fantastic 5 minute explanation of why Oregon even has sand dunes right here. Suuuper interesting. Also, I had called the number to get better directions and the girl who answered was friendly and directed me perfectly.
I had other family members use this company two weeks before I did and they had an equally great experience.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

The staff was not personable. The only thing they paid any attention too was the onslaught of paperwork that has to be signed. Page after page of liability disclaimers. Then a shotty video that they made on safety and a few minutes of nonsense I instructions followed. They only cared about he money going into the register. Nothing else!

If you can find a friendlier place I would recommend it. Riding on the dunes was a blast once you become more familiar with everything. And by the time you have it mastered it is timer to go back. We chose to ride more than an hour as it takes you a few minutes to get to the dunes and another 15 minutes to be comer familiar With the machine. So actual riding time would be 30-35 minutes if you only pick the hour ride.

Theory also will not return your copy of your driver license. They say it has to due with some "law" by the forest rangers but when we asked to see the law theory could not provide us with a copy. I hope that no one has any of their data missing and identity theft happens. This group will be the first in ter line of companies to sue.

1  Thank Statefan_11
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I just wrote a review on yelp. These guys are cheaters. Steer clear . They are a rude bunch with a shop set up to loot you. They will charge you for everything , even when its not your fault. Most people have also complained about their credit cards being charged extra but those reviews were deleted. BE CAREFUL!

3  Thank john l