“5 stars for Five Spice !”

Five Spice Seafood + Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Five Spice Seafood + Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 151 Restaurants in Lake Oswego
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Asian, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Lake Oswego, Oregon
“5 stars for Five Spice !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

We love, love, love the happy hour at Five Spice. They have great cocktails & wine, appetizers, salad & items which are affordable & great for an early dinner! Very nice upscale atmosphere. It's also wonderful for dinner or special occasion. Outdoor covered patio overlooks the lake. Highly recommend.

Visited September 2012

Beaverton, Oregon
“Don't read reviews, just go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Yes, my title says not to read reviews, which means you could even ignore mine. I say this because my husband and I got a gift card here and were looking into going for our anniversary, but saw mixed reviews. Bad reviews always throw people off, so I wasn't sure what to expect.. but it was one of the best meals ever!
So yes, we had a gift card, so pricing aside in this review, which I know is a big deal. We might not have ordered the same if it weren't for the gift card as I'm a worrier when it comes to money. So anyway...
We went on a Monday night, so it was pretty slow and we were able to get a table outside. My husband ordered the Mahi Mahi which was in some kind of curry sauce. He really enjoyed it and I tried it and thought it was delicious as well. As for me, I ordered the special (not on the menu) which was pan fried king salmon with a lobster butter risotto with heriloom tomatoes and spinach. It was fantastic!!!!! I still crave that risotto and it's been nearly 2 and a half weeks since we went!
So all in all, we really enjoyed the food. The atmosphere is nice and the waiter was attentive. I know that every place can have a one off night, but if you are thinking about going, just go. Let your own experience and palette be the judge, not someone who had one bad experience.

Healdsburg, California
“I really wanted to love this restaurant!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I'm sad to say that I wasn't overly impressed. We had a reservation and were met by the hostess with a darling child in tow. While very engaging, I had to question how appropriate it was to have a child wishing us a nice dinner. We had an equally engaging waiter, who didn't write down our orders and when a mistake was made, allowed us to keep the small plate we got and brought us a new one without question, which I thought was the right thing to do, but still very nice.

They have an iPad listing their wines and spirits which, while quite avant garde, presented problems as there was only one for the four of us to share. Additionally, it clearly stated that there were six bottles of the wine we ordered, but in reality, there were NO bottles! Apparently, the inventory is not updated, therefore it's a questionable tool for keeping track. To their credit, the waiter suggested a comparable wine that was more expensive and charged us only for the one we ordered. Once again, the right thing to do, but very nice.

My main issue, other than squinting into the sun until it set, was the food. We ordered a number of small plates to share and found few that justified the price. The crispy chicken spring rolls were simply not good. They were tough and chewy. The best things we ordered were the Mongolian ribs and the crunchy coconut shrimp. The other dishes fell somewhere in between--not great, not awful. I just expected more! All in all, I just can't get excited about it and more than likely would try someplace else, since there are so many places from which to choose. I didn't think the price was justified and, although I have no complaints regarding the service, I didn't feel that the restaurant as a whole was deserving of four stars--if I could have given it three and half, I would have. The setting is certainly lovely, but the food needs improvement.

Rancho Mirage, California
“Great Happy Hour Stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Overlooking the lake from the second floor, Five Spice is a nice place to settle after a day of shopping in Lake O. Nice variety of offerings on the Happy Hour menu with the Chicken Satay seeming to be the most popular.
The wait staff team members are very knowledgeable about both the food and wine and are very engaging with the guests. I would personally recommend giving the Five Spice a try the next time you visit Lake Oswego Oregon.

Portland, Oregon
“Not a Good Experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

I have frequented Five Spice over the years. However, the last few times have been disappointing and I won't be going back. Last Friday I took some out of town guests, one of our guests is a restaurant owner in Las Vegas. He wanted to see some of the offerings in Lake Oswego. When I made reservations, I had requested outside seating or the main dining room. We got neither. We were seated at a table in the very back, buried corner of the restaurant (where you would place a party with a bunch of unruly young children). The server rarely came. It took well over an hour for our entrees. Two of the six entrees were returned. Salmon was completely raw in the middle and cold and the soup of the day was inedible (potato leek). The beet and crab salad featured canned beets. The sturgeon was cold and cooked to a rubber consistency. When we talked to the server about it he was instructed by his manager to leave it up to us as to what the gratuity would be since it was customarily added on. I found it offensive that someone in charge didn't at least come over to mitigate the damage.