“Expected a little more”

Cuisines: Pizza
Portland, Oregon
“Expected a little more”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

As someone who is always on the hunt for the next best slice of gourmet pizza, I consider myself a little bit of a pizza snob. New to the area, I spent a while looking online and debating where to order from. When I saw that they had a separate section for olive oil based pizzas, I was thrilled. The man on the phone was a little bit snappy and clearly eager to get rid of me. The pizzas came less than half an hour after I placed the call and the man who brought them was polite. The pizzas were good. Part of one was a little spotty, missing cheese in some areas which I thought was odd. Other than that, good quality food. If we do not find a better place to order from around here, I guess this will be our next pizza joint. Too bad it's a little pricey for a typical pizza night.

• Visited August 2012

Lake Oswego, Oregon
“Best pizza in town”
Reviewed January 10, 2012

unusual variety of creative thin crust pizzas. Take out only.

portland
“Great take out pizza! Every bit as good...”
Reviewed September 24, 2010

Great take out pizza! Every bit as good as flying pie. We've only done delivery so I can't speak to the service or setting.

Beaverton, OR.
“Outstanding gourmet pizza from friendly folks who know what they're doing.”
Reviewed April 19, 2009

My wife and I stopped into Pizza Bella to say hi and pick up a menu, as we were actually checking out the For Lease space next door that one of our friends has now leased for his business. We told Ron that's what we were up to, and after talking to the folks for a bit, we walked out with one of their fresh pies. We had the Ancona, a vegetarian combo with lots of artichoke hearts, roasted onions, tomatoes, olives, and feta and mozzarella cheese. I must say, it was delicious, and the crust is pretty close to perfect; not ultra thin, but thin enough, and a crisp, chewy flavorful balance against the olive oil, toppings, and cheeses. Pizza Bella has been around a long time, and Ron and family have been the new owners for a couple of years now. The place has the rep as best pizza in L.O., and according to several articles pasted in the window, it's even been called best pizza in Portland, which I could believe. We like Apizza Scholls as well, though other reviews mention 'attitude', and it is fairly evident there. No such attitude problems here... just great folks and great pizza. You won't be disappointed... and we'll definitely be back. Take out or delivery only, so call ahead, or check out the website at http://www.pizzabellaportland.com .