“Customer is always right as long as they agree with the owner and have no special requests.”
Review of Giant Drive-In

Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Similar to the man with the child who does not eat hamburgers I had a run-in with a jerk at the counter. He basically treated me the same way for asking for grilled onions instead of raw on their signature burger "the filler" apperantely even though they have grilled onions they don't tale special orders and his cooks couldn't keep up. Also this greasy slop of a burger would be to hard to eat with grilled onions. They do however have a burger on the menu that has grilled onions. I also got the. "I've been doing this for as long as you've been alive" as though making a burger is rocket science. Long story short they lost my business, not that they really care. He went off on me while another man had them make a steak sandwich with the steak the customer brought in!

1 Thank Zumbuscha

Lake Oswego
“Cute Place! Great Burgers! Terrific Milkshakes!”
Reviewed May 25, 2008

Fantastic little restaurant! Their avocado bacon burgers are to die for and their milkshakes are exquisite!!! If only I had an old convertible to drive there....

Lake Oswego
“no smell of cooking food!”
Reviewed March 28, 2008

I found it a bit strange when walking into this restaurant that it has no scent of any food. As I finished ordering, I noticed a stack of uncooked hamburger patties sitting on the counter. I find that to be not so good. Got food, just ok. Don't think I'll eat there again.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“awesome as long as you don't care about your wasteline....”
Reviewed March 19, 2008

awesome as long as you don't care about your wasteline....

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Oregon
“Got screamed at by an insane man, whom I assume is the owner.”
Reviewed January 6, 2008

A group of six of us (four adults, and two children, ages 4 and 2) attempted to go to this restaurant today. When we came in, we saw the sign that they accept cash only. We thought that was weird for 2008, but we all checked we had money and then looked at the menu.
My four-year-old son is a very picky eater. He will not eat meat and has pretty much refused it since he began eating solids. I don't press the issue with him because he eats healthy otherwise. After looking at the menu, I saw that there were no meatless entree options. I have been in this situation countless times with my son, so usually I just get a plain bun with cheese and he is happy with that. So, here is what happened at Giant's today:

Me, walking up to counter: Do you have cheese sandwiches?

Guy behind counter, already hostile at my innocent question: No! I don't have any way to make a cheese sandwich! I am not set up for that. I can't do it!

Me, confused: I can't just buy a bun with cheese?

Crazy guy: No!! I've been making hamburgers for 26 years! I grind the meat myself! For you to come in here and ask for something without meat is a SLAP IN THE FACE!!! (pounding fist on the counter for emphasis).

Me, incredulous: It's for a four-year-old!

Guy: I don't care!!

So, we left. He obviously didn't want our money as our son had so clearly and deliberately mocked and insulted his very way of life my not eating hamburgers. I would have been happy to pay full price for a cheeseburger and just leave the patty off. I really don't think I was asking for that outrageous of a modification. But, there it is... my review of Giant's. It you want a nutjob to scream at you, that is the place to be.

Oh, I have eaten there once before a few years ago and I found the food to be pretty greasy and overrated. Just my opinion, of course.

1 Thank ashlotte