“Awesome atmosphere but the food is average”

Stanford's Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Stanford's Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 153 Restaurants in Lake Oswego
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: junction I-5 and HWY 217
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Conveniently located across the street from the Hilton Garden Inn this was the go to place for dinner. I was with a group and never experiencing their restaurant I was excited to try something new. There were three in our group from the area so we relied on their recommendation, they liked it so much we ate there two consecutive nights.

The location is excellent and the interior atmosphere is dark wood tones with accent lighting. The bar area is large and well laid out to relax and enjoy a libation. Although we did not eat out on the patio it looked like a great place to dine al fresco.

My first evening I had the wedge salad with cheese bread and the Cabernet Tenderloin Tips. The wedge salad is really good with blue cheese, but for a healthier option you can ask for a vinaigrette. The sinfully delicious cheese bread is a sensuous delight of melted cheese over a warm brioche style bread. The Cabernet Tenderloin Tips dish deconstructed is sirloin tips, mashed potatoes, asparagus spears, the Cabernet sauce includes mushrooms and the sirloin. The sirloin was dry with many pieces too tough to eat. The Cabernet sauce was over salted, the asparagus spears were excellent and I had only a few bites of the potatoes.

The second evening I had the Bacon Crusted Pork Tenderloin Medallions. When reading that description of a meal what comes to mind when you see the word medallions? In my culinary mind medallion translates to smaller thick round piece of tenderloin. In the translation at Stanford's medallion means a four inch diameter slab of pork with a bacon breading x2. Included are the standby of mashed potatoes and now asparagus cut up into bite sized pieces. The asparagus was over cooked and too soft in texture. The breaded pork slab was okay if you like your pork breaded. Nowhere on the menu description does it give a clue that the dish is breaded with a pinch of bacon pieces.

Giving the benefit of doubt as to why the asparagus was wilted; is that my dish sat under heat lamps while the other plates for our group were prepared. As well as the service for our group of 9 was slow and lacking any sense service; such as waiting for a glass of water for 20 minutes. Yes, we asked nicely three times.

Overall, the food is okay and priced reasonably. I am blessed to live in a county where we have choice. Given the opportunity to return to the area I may chose a different eating establishment or maybe is was just not my few days to enjoy their offerings.

1  Thank ChipsTravels

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a late afternoon drink and snacks recently during our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, which is right across the street. We had very friendly service and really enjoyed the patio.

We each had a drink from their nice beer/wine list and then we shared a house salad (much better than average!) and wings. The food was very good and the drinks were perfect. Give it a try!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Excellent service, tasty food and good location. Wonderful building and a delightful dinner. Would recommend the chef's value 3 course meals.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We enjoyed a very nice meal at Stanford's as a part of a trip we were on. The menu was excellent with a wide variety of choices. We ordered off their special menu and the food was excellent. We were also very impressed with the service. If you are looking for a place to eat in Tigard or Lake Oswego that is on the upscale side, I would definitely recommend Stanford's.

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Of the restaurants within walking distance of our hotel (Hilton Garde Inn) this was strongly recommended by our friend who lives in the area.

We were not disappointed. We were politely welcomed and served and our meals were well presented and truly delicious!

If only we could find a place like that every night!