“It's Okay”

Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Portland, Oregon
“It's Okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We're not sure where all these five-star reviews are coming from. We've eaten here quite a few times over the years and while it is average Chinese food, it seems like the prices keep rising and the portions keep shrinking. Honestly, you could do a little better at Jin Wah restaurant in Beaverton. Needless to say, we haven't been back for quite a while now, and we were not impressed at the last visit.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank PacificNWUSA

Surrey, Canada
“Authentic Chinese food in Lake Oswego!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

What a gem! My daughter & I tired from a day of shopping, did take out from this amazing find! The food was fresh & authentic! It was spicy just like it should be! Prices were very reasonable and food was plentiful. Definitely worth getting to for good Chinese food.

• Visited March 2013
Bend, Oregon
“Beijings most famous dish right here in the Portland area.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

When we are in the Portland area we love to have lunch or dinner at Hunan Pearl. Several weeks ago we were having dinner at Hunan Pearl and asked about their Beijing Duck, this dish requires 24 hour prep time and you need to call the day before and so excited to find a restaurant in Oregon that still took the time to make this dsh. We were presented with this beautiful golden/brown duck, I wanted to take a picture so bad but I contained myself for respect to our server and the duck. The duck was served with mandarin pancakes (their pancakes were a little different than other restaurants) green onions (cut to form little curls at each end) and the hoisin sauce. The server made each of use a Beijing duck wrap and then left us to make more wraps for our selves. The skin was very crispy and the duck moist, no flavors to hide the taste of the duck. The green onion and hoisin sauce complement the duck. We had Beijing duck for lunch the next day, served cold with a salad, yummy. We have been visiting the Hunan Pearl for years and have enjoyed every meal, always a warm greeting and helpful when ordering. We have calendar our next visit to the Hunam Pearl Restaurant in Lake Oswego, Oregon.

• Visited February 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Habit Forming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

I am thoroughly spoiled by the always great food at Hunan Pearl. The restaurant is always clean, staff always friendly, and they remember what I prefer and make good recommendations. The soup is fresh, not a product of Sysco, and the entrees always made to order. I have tried other menu items but keep coming back to my special favorite of Shrimp in ginger chili sauce. I don't ever get tired of it. I highly recommend this restaurant - but with a word of caution about the parking - go early or go late since parking is always an adventure.

• Visited February 2013
Wilsonville, Oregon, United States
“Wonderful Asian Crusine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

The Hunan Pearl is my favorite "Chinese" restaurant. They have many speciality dishes and all of their food is delicious. The food comes to the table very hot so you never get cold food. They will cook "non gluten" if requested and have non-gluten soy sauce upon request. My favorite dish is the "honey ribs". A close second if their cashew chicken. The menu has a wide selection of varied asian dishes. You won't go away unsatisfied or hungary. Their staff provides great service and many have been there for years and years and remember you when you return. Me, being celiac, have to have everything "gluten free" and they do their best to provide that service.

• Visited November 2012