“Fabulous food”

Dining options: Breakfast
Lake Oswego, Oregon
“Fabulous food”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The food is very good. They have many kinds of waffles, their taco salad is terrific, and I love their oatmeal, which they soak overnight and serve with sides of dried fruit, nuts and brown sugar. The menu is varied and you can have lunch or breakfast items any time. They do not serve dinner, and are closed Sunday/Monday. Definitely a restaurant you would go back to. By the way, I was told 'Babica' means 'grandmother' in Slovenia.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Gretchen S

West Linn, Oregon
“BEST breakfast in Portland Metro!”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I started going 6 months ago and now it is a weekly family tradition!

What you will love:

Best staff in the area - very professional and friendly
Food is local and fresh - always.
EVERYTHING on the breakfast - try every version of the waffles!
Americano coffee - puts all the others in the area to shame - it seems simple but it is night/day better.
Just enough noise - I don't like when I can understand my neighbors - it makes me worried my kids will annoy them.

• Visited February 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Tasty food. Trendy. Organic. Busy.”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Went here with a friend recently. We arrived at 9am on a Thursday. It was already packed. The servers were nice but very busy but didn't rush us, so that was nice. We had a an egg scramble and their blueberry french toast. It was all very delicious! The prices are a bit higher, but I attribute that to the organic ingredients..so it was worth it. Be prepared to wait for your bill and drink refills when they are busy. It was nicely laid out, the seating was comfortable, and they have unique decor. We plan to go back and try their waffles.

• Visited February 2014
Lake Oswego, Oregon
“Heart Of Landscape Pitstop for breakfast!!”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Great spot for breakfast! The Chorizo gravy sure is tasty, and beats out the traditonal country
gravy :) Its a must try folks!

• Visited December 2013
Portland Oregon
“A delightful place”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Babica Hen is a delightful place! I've been there a couple of times and have enjoyed their salads, This time I tried their signature waffles, since I'd heard so much about them. I'm a light eater, and so I split a waffle order with a friend -- I wish I hadn't! The waffles were so light and flavorful, next time I'm ordering a while plate for myself. Also I love it that there are savory versions of the waffles, not just sweet treatments. Coffee is good, service is great. Nothing not to like about this lovely little place.
Also-- their outdoor patio was lovely in the summer. Those days are over for many months now-- but I'm anticipating next summer already!

Visited November 2013