“Very nice people offering authentic Latin American cuisine”
Review of Casa del Pollo

Casa del Pollo
Ranked #37 of 157 Restaurants in Lake Oswego
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Cute little place, by little I mean micro! There are just a few tables and it's cozy, probably smaller than a 1 car garage. The food is ok, fresh, but needs more spice. A few times the meat was dry others it was moist. They offer some unique Latin American dishes, but mostly burritos and tacos. Everything is made fresh to order, so there is often a wait. I really hope they do well, the owners are so very nice and we are glad to have something other than American food in the area!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

My daughter loves the smoked chicken! I love the casados and my husband loves the burritos. This is a very friendly restaurant to eat in or take out! Give it a try!!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Went there with coworkers for lunch to try it out. The others had the chicken tacos, while I had the sausage tacos (called strangely, "Mr. Ed Taco"). My uneducated opinion is that Costa Rican food is much like Mexican food but with different spices. All of us agreed we liked it. One coworker ordered chips. The salsa provided with the chips, and the several other salsas provided for the tacos had very good flavor and definitely wasn't like any we've had at the many Mexican restaurants around.

The menu also has chicken meals, including smoked chicken, with escabeche (pickled onions and carrots), and various rice&beans based offerings. Actually a pretty big menu for such a small place. We'll certainly be going back.

It is a very small restaurant, but it's easy to spot, and the service is fast and friendly.