“A Jewel in Lake Oswego”

Scratch
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We have enjoyed lunch & dinner at Scratch. Patrick continues to amaze us with his delicious meals. Everything is prepared to perfection and looks exquisite on the plate. The service is exceptional. After just a couple of times, they know our drink order and are prepared to serve it as soon as we sit down. Did I mention, the drinks are great? The employees at Scratch have been at the restaurant since it opened and are committed to your fine and fun dining experience. Every time we take friends, they love it and return on their own. A real bonus is the menu is mostly gluten free, so I can order everything on the menu. Their BLT on the lunch menu is the best ever.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

This is a smaller place in a upscale strip shopping center that is owned by the chef. He can really cook! The halibut and steak were fantastic as well as cake and bourbon home made ice cream. With cocktails and wine for 6 people, the bill was only about $360. If we lived in Portland, we would go here at least once a month...the menu changes monthly we were told. I am sure our local relatives will make this one of their regulars.

1  Thank kell28
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Meeting friends for dinner and wanted to try somewhere new. All four of us had something different and everyone really enjoyed their meal. Portion sizes were good, we ordered the two desserts offrered for the night and shared them...So Good.

1  Thank trwag260
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We went to scratch on a Friday night with another couple, and all agreed that the experience was outstanding. The food was very flavorful, presented in an interesting way. Mine was cooked in (and served on) a banana leaf. The atmosphere is nice, but not pretentious. The servers were friendly and efficient. The bonus was that they had a fellow named David Tutmark providing a background of beautiful fingerstyle classical guitar music. I don't think that they have music every night, so call to check if you are looking for it.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Wow, I ate at Scratch two times last week and each dinner was amazing. The flavors were fabulous. Had dinner with my niece who has allergies to gluten and soy. Her dinner was a party in her mouth. I can eat anything and the flavors were so great and original. The next night I took my sister for dinner'cause she has a laundry list of allergies and we had such a great experience. The chef and staff were friendly, knowledgable, but not pushy. I can't wait to visit the area again so I can eat at Scratch.