“Nice find in Lake Oswego”
Review of Blast Burger

Blast Burger
Ranked #92 of 151 Restaurants in Lake Oswego
Cuisines: American
Portland, Oregon
“Nice find in Lake Oswego”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

On my first trip to this place I was not impressed. HOWEVER, I decided to give this place a second try and I am glad that I did. I think they have really improved their service and food and it shows. The burgers were really good, very flavorful and prepared correctly. They have a very tasty Caesar salad and their sweet potato fries are also very good. They do also have excellent beer choices and service is very good. I will definitely be back. The ONLY drawback of this place is that it may be a little pricey for some folks, 10 bucks for a burger is a little steep. But I believe it is owned by the Five Spice people and that explains why their prices are a little high. But other than that, I think it's a good place and the food was very good. Check it out for yourself.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank hankypanky505

San Francisco, California
“Mind blowing prices, anyway.”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We're a family of burger aficionados, and after years of trekking into the city for burgers at Castagna, Serrato, and Clyde Common, we were excited to hear that a gourmet burger joint had opened right here in LO. Blast Burger was a huge disappointment. The burgers are absolutely ordinary in all respects but price. For $11-$16, I expect an unctuous, hand-formed burger and a killer bun, not a half pound of meh.

• Visited June 2013
Portland, Oregon
“A Great spot”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Blast burger is a great spot for several reasons: a fantastic location, great view for people watching and a hip place to be in Lake Oswego. We went there the day of the LO 4th of July festival and it was definitely on the busy side. Though we were still very pleased with our food and we're out of there in a timely manner. The kids loved and the outdoor seating allowed them to stretch their legs a bit.

Visited July 2013
Tigard, Oregon
“Worst Kobe burger/service ever!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Perhaps I expected too much - after visiting Five Spice - and knowing they were owned by the same people. They told us they were still working out the kinks - so we waited 2 months before visiting. We sat outside on dirty tables with disgustingly dirty Ketchup/Mustard bottles and waited 20 min just to be acknowledged -15 more min for water and then another10 min before we got menus. I ordered a Shroom Kobe burger - which for $15 I expected something pretty tasty! I got a overcooked dry burger that if it was Kobe I would be genuinely surprised. Others got the Blast Burger and Handsome Devil - all of which were equally unremarkable. The location is the only thing they have going on!

• Visited August 2013
Bend, Oregon
“Great Burgers, Pet Friendly too”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We walked down to Blast Burger so we could take the dogs. It is a fun place, outdoor seating was available, (since we had two dogs, that was the only option).

The service was only fair, the portions large enough. It was a little expensive for a burger joint. Must be the location.

Do not go for the bar. The definitely had a beer menu, but there was no choices on what kind of vodka, and no scotch available. They only had "house white" or "house red" wines. Since we were walking, I figured to do a little drinking. Not with their choices!

The sweet potato fries were good. I got chicken on my Cobb salad, that I didn't order. I ate it, so I paid for it. The service was so slow that I didn't want to send it back and have to wait any longer. Also, we had to ask for water for the dogs. Not that that is a big thing, but, I feel if they are going to be dog-friendly, the server or busboy or busgirl should know to bring water for them.

All in all, the best thing to be said about the Blast Burger was that it was in walking distance, the view and that they take pets.

• Visited August 2013