“Worst Kobe burger/service ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Blast Burger

Blast Burger
Ranked #83 of 151 Restaurants in Lake Oswego
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tigard, Oregon
“Worst Kobe burger/service ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Perhaps I expected too much - after visiting Five Spice - and knowing they were owned by the same people. They told us they were still working out the kinks - so we waited 2 months before visiting. We sat outside on dirty tables with disgustingly dirty Ketchup/Mustard bottles and waited 20 min just to be acknowledged -15 more min for water and then another10 min before we got menus. I ordered a Shroom Kobe burger - which for $15 I expected something pretty tasty! I got a overcooked dry burger that if it was Kobe I would be genuinely surprised. Others got the Blast Burger and Handsome Devil - all of which were equally unremarkable. The location is the only thing they have going on!

• Visited August 2013

Bend, Oregon
“Great Burgers, Pet Friendly too”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

We walked down to Blast Burger so we could take the dogs. It is a fun place, outdoor seating was available, (since we had two dogs, that was the only option).

The service was only fair, the portions large enough. It was a little expensive for a burger joint. Must be the location.

Do not go for the bar. The definitely had a beer menu, but there was no choices on what kind of vodka, and no scotch available. They only had "house white" or "house red" wines. Since we were walking, I figured to do a little drinking. Not with their choices!

The sweet potato fries were good. I got chicken on my Cobb salad, that I didn't order. I ate it, so I paid for it. The service was so slow that I didn't want to send it back and have to wait any longer. Also, we had to ask for water for the dogs. Not that that is a big thing, but, I feel if they are going to be dog-friendly, the server or busboy or busgirl should know to bring water for them.

All in all, the best thing to be said about the Blast Burger was that it was in walking distance, the view and that they take pets.

• Visited August 2013
Lake Oswego
“Best Burger In Lake Oswego!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

This restaurant (under 5 Spice and next to Manzana) is a fun little place that looks like a sports bar but is a great burger joint! I ordered a cheeseburger, and although it was a little spendy, it was cooked perfectly (medium rare) and sat on a freshly baked bun with a basket of fries. The burger was very tasty and when I added the "homemade" ketchup, it took it over over the top. The restaurant sells beer and you can enjoy a brew while chowing down on this hefty sized burger (8 oz) that can be made with local organic free range beef or "Kobe" style beef. The burger can be accompanied by sweet potato fries which I got and were awesome. If you don't like burgers, you can always try the fish, chicken or veggie burger but if you want those things, go somewhere else! Blast Burger also serves fresh made pies and ice cream desserts but the burger is so big I doubt you'll have room for any dessert. Bring the kids as there's plenty of room to sit inside and outside where you can enjoy the view of the lake while ordering cheaper "children's menu" items for the kiddies. TRY THIS PLACE, YOU'LL LOVE IT!

• Visited July 2013
Lake Oswego, Oregon
“Great burgers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

They try out some unusual burgers that are wonderful along with a few standards. Big enough to share with your favorite someone. A tad expensive but the size and taste compensate for that.

Visited July 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Great food, horrible service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

I really want to like this restaurant. Great location, beautiful building, family-friendly sports-theme, big screens, burgers and beers. Right up our alley. My family went last night. It was a sunny Friday, with the patio and inside each about half full. We ordered drinks first. The kids' drinks came right away and we were told that our beers "were being filled right now" even though we could see the taps, and no one was there. Ten or 15 minutes later, no sign of our waitress or our beers. My husband went up to the counter and had to ask for them. Another longer wait (time to drink our full beers), and no food, although there were meals piled up by the kitchen waiting to be served. Several minutes later, 4 or 5 servers (not ours) congregated up there trying to figure out what to do with the food and eventually started handing it out. No one appeared to be in charge. The 2 tables next to us got their orders first, despite arriving after us. It appeared that both tables had issues with their orders. Finally ours came. We had to ask for napkins and silverware. The food itself was very good, although the buns were a little soggy (presumably because it took so long to get to us). Our server brought our check right after our food arrived, not inquiring about dessert, despite a large display case of desserts and an ice cream/shake menu. Not surprisingly, the check was incorrect. It had no drinks on it, but 5 entrees instead of 4. The total bill was about right, so we just paid with cash to get out of there. I had a half burger left that I would have liked to have taken home, but didn't want to try to deal with getting a box.

We really want to like this place, but they have major work to do on restaurant policies and procedures, and staff training. I'm willing to pay their premium prices for a good experience, but this was unacceptable. It was like they just hired people that day and sent them out on the floor. We will give it one more chance because there is potential.

• Visited July 2013