“Fantastic neighborhood gem”

Arabian Nights
Ranked #43 of 153 Restaurants in Lake Oswego
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed November 27, 2013

It was a great surprise to find this restaurant with delicious Middle Eastern food. The Zaatar comes from Jordan and the Zaatar pie is delicious.The pita was fresh and hot. Lots of vegetarian dishes. Excellent service. They were able to accommodate a part of 10 easily. You have the option of sitting in a booth on the floor. The Middle Eastern music videos were great entertainment! Will definitely return on my next trip to Portland.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is a simple spot with little flair but the food is quite interesting. The meat is clearly the leading feature here. I had the Grill Combo One that sports one chicken plus one beef (kafta) skewer over rice. The cucumber salad was nice. Sadly no pita included so those and the hummus will take another trip to try. The restaurant space is fairly spartan but sparklingly clean. The blaring TV sets supplied atmosphere so you are definitely here for the food. Portions are fair but the prices seem a bit high. No alcohol is served. Service was prompt but at the time, the restaurant had few tables occupied. I will be back to try other parts of the menu.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stopped here on the way home from a a Seattle trip. Surprised no alcohol, but that may be the preference of the owners or a idiocy of the OLCC. It does, however, keep the total cost down. The service was excellent and the food better than very satisfactory. We were very pleased and surprised at what we could get for the price. I expect we will visit again.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

The food is fabulous! The lamb shank is incredible as is the Bazilla Stew - another lamb dish! The owner and servers take great pride in making their customers feel welcome and respected. The fresh bread right out of the oven is superb and execellent with the hummus. No problem not having alcohol available, I don't drink anyway! Great place for lunch or dinner with the family. The booths are perfect for a special date night.

Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

The restaurant has very good Mediterranean food. I would give it A LOT more of my business (especially dinner) but I like to drink wine with dinner and this place is as dry as Death Valley! I fully respect the owner not serving alcohol due to his personal religious beliefs.... But they would double their business if they offered beer and wine. So I do not support my local home town restaurant for my dinner business to make the drive out to a Beaverton restaurant for my Mediterranean food that has wine & beer and a very busy business. But if you are not in need of alcohol... The food is quite good! Don't ever worry about reservations... The place is never busy with many open seats.
I will see you at LUNCH!