“Nice room and great service”

Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lake Oswego
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We always stayed at this hotel when we visit Portland. We loved the location and the service was never disappointing. Our recent stay was on July 4 while en-route from California back to Canada. We thought we did a reservation online but the reservation never came through. The staff at the front desk was very courteous and helped us to recover the reservation. We got a nice room and good breakfast as usual. I would definite stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Miranda M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the [location and staff to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. You Can Count On Us!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego

Reviewed July 14, 2014

We were taking our daughter to a camp, this was a one night stay. She got sick and it was not good. The staff helped me find medical care, kept her comfortable and gave me extra water and a towel incase we needed for our LONG drive home.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Eric P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel on Tripadvisor. I'm sorry that your child was sick, I know that being sick on the road is not a very fun experience. I'm happy that our staff was able to make her stay a little better and I hope she is back to feeling 110 percent. Hopefully the next time you are in the area you will stay with us again.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

I stayed here for business in Tigard, OR and enjoyed the stay overall. The front desk staff was very helpful, the rooms were good, and it was in a nice location. I found the bed to be comfortable, but was annoyed that I couldn't completely darken the room with the curtains. As far as location, there was a restaurant right across the street, Oswego Grill, that was fantastic and the hotel is also right off the highway.

The breakfast buffet at the restaurant was okay, pretty standard (fruit, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, make-your-own-waffle, etc.). The exercise room was pretty tiny and I had trouble finding a spot in the morning, but that would really be my second and last complaint.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Eric P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about us on Tripadvisor. We pride ourselves on delivering a high level of customer service to all of our guests so its always nice to hear from guests who had a nice experience interacting with our staff. The windows can be bright especially this time of year when its sunny all the time. People often do not realize that we actually have two different options on the windows. One is a sheer that allows some light in but not the glare and the other is black out drapes if you like your room completely dark. Like you said the workout room is pretty small and depending on the time of day it can be hard to find a spot, that's why we offer a complimentary pass to a local gym. The gym is open 24 hours a day and is just a little over a block away. It sounds like you were unaware of these two options so hopefully the next time you are in the area you will stay again and take advantage of these options.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Very nice room. Clean and comfy. Easy to get back on the freeway. Looked like they had a great breakfast. However I thought it was included in our hotel price. But that wasn't the case. You had to pay extra, I believe it was $10 or $12 a person. So that was disappointing. When I made my reservations I wasn't asked if I wanted to pay extra for the breakfast. So anyway I just was kind of shocked to get turned away. Left and got breakfast down the road.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Miranda M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the rooms and staff to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. You Can Count On Us!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

excellent hotel which is conveniently located of the freeway crossing. And although close to freeway, the hotel is still located in a quiet area. So good location to travel either downtown or to the neighbouring shopping malls or to nature parks just south of Portland.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Eric P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Thank your for taking the time to write about us on Tripadvisor. We hope that the next time you are in the area you will stay with us again.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

The lobby is clean, bright, and has a wonderful area for breakfast. Great location- easy on and off the highway. Beautiful setting. So close to Lake Oswego and all the wonderful shops. Staff was very friendly and helpful

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us on Tripadvisor. We recently remodeled the lobby/restaurant area, so it’s always nice to hear that a guest enjoys that part of our hotel. We hope that the next time you are in the area you will stay with us again.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Nothing wrong, just nothing special. Had I known the beds could be adjusted it may have been at least a comfortable stay. Had I known the Crown Plaza was so close I would have likely stayed there. I booked this hotel because it was the only one that said Lake Oswego in the title, and that was the city I was visiting. Many of the south Portland hotels were very close.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Miranda M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are very sorry you were unhappy with your guest room. At Hilton Garden Inn, we promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you are satisfied. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future. You Can Count On Us. Guaranteed

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Oswego
Crowne Plaza Portland Lake Oswego
Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland South/Lake Oswego
Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square
Residence Inn Portland South/Lake Oswego
Grand Hotel At Bridgeport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego? Share your experiences!