Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Phoenix Inn Suites(Lake Oswego)
  • Pool
  • Pool
All reviewshilton gardeneasy accessnice hotelfront desk staffcookiesoswego grillrestaurants within walking distancerooms are cleandefinitely stay here againbreakfast staffconvenient locationfree parkingfitness centerbed was very comfortablebusiness tripindoor poolhot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We have a daughter in the later stages of life - due to her cancer now being in her brain - and we wanted some time with her. This was probably out last chance to fly across the U.S. and be with her. We needed a place to stay that would be near her - give us rest and food - and not present more pressures on our lives than we had already. The HILTON GARDEN INN met all our requirements and we will stay there upon notice that it is time to come to visit again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Eric P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

I'm sorry for the circumstances for your trip to our property, but I’m glad that we helped make things easier for you. I like to think of our guests feeling at home and if they need something all they have to do is ask. Please feel free to contact me if you need any help with future bookings. I wish your family the best and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Part of the reason I choose to stay at a particular hotel is their fitness center. This workout room was OK but I really liked the fact that this hotel also provided the customer with a pass to a local gym! Very few hotels offer this amenity and because of this I would definately stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for writing about us on Tripadvisor. We do offer a pass to a local gym for guests who want a harder workout. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again on your next trip to the Lake Oswego area.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at this hotel. The pool, hot tub, and exercise room were small but adequate and this was about the only negative thing I can say about this facility. The pool and hot tub were handicap friendly as all Hilton's seem to be now and the staff far exceeded our expectations.
Landon, Chris, Miranda, and John kept things humming at the front desk and they bent over backward's to accomadate the guests. They were extremely personable and professional. These were traits that I experienced with virtually all staff that I came in contact with.
Debra and Joshua stood out in the dining area and made you feel at home. They always greeted you warmly with a big smile and the food was solid. I can't remember the gentleman's name that baked the cookies that were put out in the evening but he also was very friendly and the cookies were great. I also liked the fact that one of the better restaurant's in the area was right across the street. It is called Stanford's and I highly recommend it.
The rooms were up to Hilton standard's but not on the high end of Hilton properties. The hotel is being renovated and it is going to look great. I recommend this hotel If you are staying in the Portland area I highly recommend this hotel because you will not find a better staff anywhere at any price. They make it happen!

David and Kathy Packett
Richmond,Virginia

Room Tip: Rooms up high have the best view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Eric P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you for all of your kind words about our staff. Our staff is fantastic here and that is one of the main reasons for our hotels success. The Management team will make sure to personally thank all of the people that you mentioned in your review. We hope to see you again on your next trip to the Portland area.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Having a recent meting at our regional office, our group reserved rooms at this HGI. There is a level of expectation when staying at a HGI and this one did not disappoint. I do agree with a previous posting that the facility needs a renovation. Good news, in the lobby are the story boards showing the new scheme.

As I was walking up to the front desk one staff member looked up from her computer and greeted me with a smile. The other staff member when finished with my work mate greeted me as well. This was a friendly gesture where making a guest feel comfortable. After some small talk we received our HHonors bottles of water and proceeded to the moderately slow elevator.

The rooms were nicely appointed and nothing really to discuss beyond it felt clean and in good condition. The king bed was comfortable. The bed does have some adjustable feature to go from firm to a softer setting. In all the hotels that offer this feature, I still do not feel the difference after I turn the dial. Yes, I did read the instructions.

Morning breakfast was typical fare, but the wait staff were the best part of the morning. The staff were efficient, friendly and just plain perky. I know that perky is a silly word but it is the best descriptor. The evening dinner and bar selection is armature at best and I believe this will change with renovation.

The location is conveniently located right of Hwy 5, and the surrounding area is covered with lush green trees and foliage, this coming from a guy living in a region with less than a 1/4 of their rainfall. Overall, this is a good place to stay while on business or just visiting the area. It's their welcoming staff members that make it a great place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Eric P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about us on Tripadvisor. As you mentioned we are about to go through a lobby and restaurant renovation. The renovation will start on September 15th and will be finished by October 15th. I hope that you will stay with us again so you can see our renovations.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

My daughter and I spent a weekend at the Lake Oswego location. I was pleased with the overall friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. The rooms were clean, and I loved the toiletries offered. While the pool was small it was indoor and nice to splash around in. The daily treat offering was tasty and semi-nutritious. I completely enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to write about us on Tripadvisor. I will make sure to post your comments in the staff break room so they can all see them. The staff works very hard at trying to make our guest’s comfortable and from your comments I can see we were successful. I hope you will choose to stay again at the Hilton Garden Inn Lake Oswego on your next trip to the Portland area.