“The Only Place to Stay in Portland”

Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lake Oswego
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I choose Hilton Garden Inn - Lake Oswego for its comfort, cleanliness, quietness and the excellent staff. I have made HGI - Lake Oswego my “Home Away from Home” for the past 10 months. I wouldn’t stay anywhere else in the Portland area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Where shall I begin. I stay at Hampton Inn's frequently when on business trips. I view Hilton Garden Inn as a step above a Hampton Inn. The only difference I see is that Hilton Garden Inn wants me to pay $9.95 for the exact same breakfast I get at a Hampton Inn for free. Needless to say we did not eat breakfast here. This particular hotel was very proud of their adjustable beds. They are a joke, neither me or my wife could tell a difference between setting 1 or setting 10. The bed was not comfortale. Then there is the air conditioning system in the rooms. There is the standard under the window unit and a thermostat on the wall. The problem is that when the unit comes on it is on the highest fan speed setting and is very loud. Throughout the night when the unit came on it woke us up. I inquired at the front desk if this was normal and was told yes it was. So to sum up, uncomfortable bed, loud air conditioner and overpriced breakfast. I am very disappointed that I wasted my points on this hotel. I guess you can say I am dissatisfied with my stay and would like my points back.

1  Thank Randy E
Eric P, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feed back regarding your recent stay with us. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of every guest and to ensure that we deliver a high level of customer service. I want to sincerely apologize for your negative experience at our hotel. I also wanted to let you know that besides the buffet we also offer cook to order eggs, omelette's, pancakes and french toast. We are in the process of starting a remodel and the AC units are one of things we are looking to replace. I'm going to have maintenance take a look at the room you stayed inn to check on the unit to make sure it is running properly. In terms of the bed it should have been noticeable when you adjust it, unfortunately sometimes the lines will kink and they will need to be replaced in order to make the beds adjust. I will also have maintenance take a look at the bed in the room to make sure it is working properly. I want to assure you that we hold ourselves to a high standard and that since you had such a negative experience at our hotel I will refund your points (it does take 7 to 10 business days for the points to appear on your account). If there is anything else I can do please do not hesitate to call or email.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Very beautiful location, great service, & nice rooms. Check in process & front desk very helpful. Restaurant area & bar area very comfortable. Location is in very nice setting with alot of great walking areas with lovely trees & landscaping

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I appreciate you taking the time to fill out a response on Trip Advisor. We take great pride in the friendliness of our staff. Our ultimate goal is to make the customer feel at home. We hope that on your next trip through town you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

As always, we had a great stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. They consistently provide great service in a professional way. They are in a great location and it works for us on our trips up and down the coast.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Eric P, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We pride ourselves on giving a high level of customer service and are glad that’s what you experienced on your stay. I'm also happy that you found our location convenient, being close to I-5 and 217 makes getting to our hotel pretty easy. Plus the close access to Washington Square Mall, Bridgeport Village and the Woodburn Outlets make for quick and easy shopping trips. We hope to see you again on your way through town next time.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Great hotel to stay at. The customer service was great. The room was spotless! The adjustable bed was priceless! We will always stay here when needing a place near Portland. It's worth the extra few minutes to drive outta Portland. The covered parking was perfect for this NW climate

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Steven P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Latzylove - Thank you for your review. Our biggest focuses are our customer service and our cleanliness. I am glad our staff is able to share these things with you. Our Garden Sleep System beds with the comfort dial make sleeping here great for anyone. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights. The front desk is very friendly and willing to answer lots of questions about the area. I asked about a local park, so I could walk and they suggested the Tryon State Park and printed me directions without me even having to ask. It is very convenient to park your car and walk to a couple of close restaurants such as Oswego Grill and Sanfords. There is a Starbucks across the street. The hotel has a nice a breakfast in the morning. The make-your-own waffles are a hit in the morning:) The bed is comfortable and you can dial the setting on the side. They have a free cookies in the evening. The indoor pool is small, but appeared to be empty most of the time. The best part of the room is the shower. I love a shower with a forceful spray. The one drawback is that the rooms could stand to be updated, but this is a nice solid property where you can't go wrong.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Luvthebeach01 - It is our goal to provide the best customer service possible and to exceed your expectations. I am glad you were able to experience that first hand at our property. We have a lovely area with many great parks and it is exciting to be able to share them with our out-of-town friends. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn in Lake Oswego has long been our favorite place to stay while in the Portland, Oregon area. We have stayed at this property many times and have never been disappointed. I can highly recommend the Hilton Garden Inn in Lake Oswego. Great location, service and ambiance. We plan to go back soon.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Guy C - I am so happy to hear that you love to come back and visit us. We love to see familiar faces and a chance to build friendships here with our travelers. Thank you so much for your review and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Oswego
Crowne Plaza Portland Lake Oswego
Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland South/Lake Oswego
Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square
Residence Inn Portland South/Lake Oswego
Grand Hotel At Bridgeport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego? Share your experiences!