“Great Stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lake Oswego
Reviewed May 13, 2008

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn 4 years ago when I took my daughter to college and recently stayed there again as she graduated. I booked there again because the first stay was pleasant and quiet. I was very impressed this time with the new bed, some sort of foam/sleep number type bed. Usually I wake up with a back ache from hotel beds, but not this time. Very comfortable. And I'm glad to see them getting away from those horrible velux blankets. A very nice quilt was on the bed. Overall conditions were very clean and I would recommend it to anyone staying in the Portland area.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 26, 2007

This hotel is a great value and very comfortable. We stayed over the thanksgiving holiday weekend, and while we were pretty low-maintenance guests, the hotel was an excellent place to stay.

We loved the 24-hour pantry where you could pick up a late night snack or bottled water. The pool was small but well kept, and the room amenities were perfect for the business travel but also wonderful for the casual traveler accustomed to business hotels.

Very enjoyable stay - will recommend to anyone traveling to the Lake Oswego area.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SetSail0917
Reviewed November 20, 2007

Front desk was very helpful and friendly in finding places in Portland. Room is clean. The only thing we didn't like was you can hear your neighbors, which is typical of all hotels. We had a great stay there with our two young children. We would stay there again.

Stayed: November 2007
1  Thank Baybee_vee
Reviewed October 18, 2007

The people that worked at the front desk left much to be desired. I gathered they had many return guests by their lack of professionalism. I can appreciate comrodery, but there should also be respect, which some workers lacked. They also seemed unwilling to go the extra mile for some guests and make their stay memorable (in a good way). When asking for directions I was printed a page from mapquest and sent on my way. They seemed preoccupied on their computers, as if they had better things to do than work with guests.

My room was very lackluster as well. It seemed very worn and that it had not been cleaned well. It was not dirty, however just did not seem spic and span.

Breakfast was also very very slow. I was unimpressed at the buffet and how un appealing the food items seemed. The pancakes were very hard from sitting out and the eggs just looked weird.

There were some nice touches; 24 hr pavillion pantry, shuttle service, and location to many restaurants and close to the freeway. As I said, my stay was not bad, it just could have been better.

Stayed: October 2007
2  Thank travlindiva
Reviewed September 13, 2007

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights. We were upgraded to a room with a Jacuzzi tub but did not use it. The hotel serves breakfast daily that includes fruit, cereal, pancakes, eggs, bacon and sausage. You can also order eggs and omelets to your specifications. The eggs on the buffet looked old and dried up so we chose to order eggs from the waiter but did have to wait quite a while for them. The second day we ordered eggs and waited a long time for them and decided to leave when they did not show up. The hotel has an indoor pool, hot tub and gym. The gym has a couple of treadmills, a bike and a cross trainer but there are no weights. The area outside the hotel is nice for jogging or taking a walk. There are numerous chain restaurants near the hotel including Chilis and Stanfords.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank platinum1
Reviewed August 22, 2007

Hilton Gardens are usually a very safe bet. We stayed here for two nights while seeing the Portland area. Lake Oswego was just south of Portland and allowed us to avoid some of the awful traffic that was all throughout the town. The hotel is right off of I-5, but off on a side road and far back enough that you can't hear or even see the highway. There are several chain restaurants within easy walking distance from the hotel.

Internet access was free and they also provided a hot breakfast. I'm a Hilton Honors Gold member, so the breakfast was free for me. Without that, it would have cost about $9, which is too much in my opinion.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KJUW
Reviewed June 9, 2007

We were coming back from a trip to California and needed a place to stop for the night near the Portland area.

We found this hotel in the AAA travel guide and were pleased with both the location and the over-all value.

The check-in Staff were friendly and quickly assigned us two adjacent rooms. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the price was right.

We would stay there again without question.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego
Residence Inn Portland South/Lake Oswego
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square
Grand Hotel At Bridgeport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego? Share your experiences!