“Very Good”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lake Oswego
Cairo, Egypt
“Very Good”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Very good hotel, having near by restaurants and near to shopping mall Washington square. The service is nice , and they are friendly. Very close to the I5 makes it easy to access many places near the area. would recommend to everyone.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Steven P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
EmyyyEE - Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our wonderful establishment. The shopping in our area is great. In addition to Washington Square Mall, we also have Bridgeport Village just a few miles away to offer even more stores and in an outdoor fashion. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay here and I look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Florence, Oregon
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I stayed in late June with my wife and several other couples. The staff at the Front Desk were outstanding. Our room was OK. The breakfast was below average. After two days we decided to eat breakfast out. This property is very convenient to I5.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Steven P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Gary H - Our I5 location is wonderful. Close enough to get on and off the freeway easily, but a few blocks away so we do not get the noise. Our Front Desk staff works very hard and they enjoy working here. I am glad you enjoy them as well. Thank you for your review.
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Stayed here 3 nights on a business trip last week. I am HH gold and the vendor I was travelling with was Diamond . . . don't expect anything other than complimentary breakfast. Not that I did, just stating what you will get.

Lobby area is nice, breakfast is average for HGI. The rooms are in need of an update. Pool is very small, as is the fitness center.

Overall, it was an average stay and my expectations were met.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Steven P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
acehigh212 - I am excited to say that we will be getting that update for the rooms in 2013. They will look and feel fantastic. HGI has implemented Project Grow which will catch up all of the older properties with the newest generation properties. Our fitness center is a bit small and because of that we have recently started a relationship with Snap Fitness directly behind our hotel. We can get you signed up at the front desk for access to their gym which is fully equipped and in great condition. It is just $7 per day or $20 for the week.
Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here this past Weekend. Staff was outstanding--super friendly. Facility was clean, fitness center was adequate. Restaurants closeby were better than average chain choices--Stanfords and Lake Oswego Grill. Would stay here again in a heartbeat. Well done.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
HeatherPA - Thank you for your review. I love the restaurants in the area. There is also a great Thai restaurant behind us as well as Chinese, terriaki, a local deli, a few different Mexican restaurants and more.
SoCal
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Location is great! Lobby and rooms are clean and comfortable. Staff is extremely friendly and professional. The "happy hour", although small/simple, is a great way to spend $4.50 for a very cold beer. But the coffee "bar" and breakfast leave a bit to be desired. Coffee bar had only decaf one night and warm regular coffee another. Breakfast, ugh. Selection was minimal flair for HGI. Cooked to order left something to be desired. I ordered (as always) a spinach, onion and cheese omelet. Well, it had TWO pieces of spinach, maybe some onions (I couldn't find them but maybe they were there), and a little (and I mean little) cold shredded cheese sprinkled on top. And the front desk cookies are, in fact, overcooked. Our housekeeper is "eh", nothing special. Two brochures found on floor upon our return that were on desk when we left...little things like that. And, yes, the doors are all marred - so they need to pay more attention to detail, regardless of whether they expect a renovation in the near future or not. We did not experience a loud A/C as others reported, but we did experience a well working A/C as it kept the room nice and COLD, just the way we like it. Keep in mind, we are diamond members so it's not our first trip to the rodeo.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank danthatravel
danthatravel - I also think our location is great. We are close to a major freeway (I-5) but set back far enough that we do not get the noise from the traffic. Our happy hour is a new program we have instated and it has been going very well. I will pass on your other concerns to the proper managers so we can continue to improve our property. Thank you for your input.
West New York, New Jersey
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Wow! What a great value this place is. The front desk staff appear to be rotating every day. We never saw the same person twice doing our 3-night stay. However, all of them are professional, super helpful and friendly. My in-laws who were leaving a day before me could not print their boarding passes at the business center. The front desk staff let them used their computer and printer! Our stay did not include breakfast so I cannot comment on the quality. Just to note that breakfast seems popular and looks pretty good. We opted to go to downtown Lake Oswego for breakfast instead which is a lovely place worth a visit. My room smells so nice when I walked in. Everything in room works well. All furniture are relatively new and clean. Nice amenities in the bathroom. The flat-screen TV has many HD channels. The free WiFi is quite fast. There is also an AUX cable from the clock radio so you can hook up your iPod or iPhone to play your music. I didn't use the small pool. It is more for kids. Getting to downtown Portland is quick an easy via I-5 (15-20 min). Comparing to staying in downtown Portland, we saved a good chunk of changes and we probably got a better quality hotel for the same class. Next time we go to Portland, unless we find a killer deal downtown, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Steven P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
CliveNYC - I am glad that you share our enthusiasm for our hotel. It is people like you that keep us smiling. Thank you for your review and I hope to see you during your next visit to the area.
Riverton, Utah
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The breakfast here made it a great place for my family. Made to order omelettes, waffles, bacon, potatoes, fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, name brand cold cereals, and juices.

Ask for the rate that includes breakfast. One night was $129 without breakfast or $133 with vouchers for up to 4 adults. Kids were only $5.50 when I paid out of pocket.
Wish the staff had offered the rate including the breakfast our first night. Great location near good restaurants & the freeway. It doesn't get much prettier than Lake Oswego.

• Stayed June 2012
utahrinn - I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Lake Oswego is a very pretty place and I am glad you were able to share that with us.