We spent eight nights at the Lakeshore Inn in June, 2006. Overall, we had a good experience, but it was not quite what we were expecting.
The pros are that the hotel is very clean, and well maintained. We had two problems the first morning after we had arrived - the refrigerator did not work and the shower head was more like a water jet than a shower head. Both problems were fixed extremely quickly and fully on the first visit. We had no problems the rest of the stay. The hotel has a good location if you do not want to be in central Portland. It is located in the center of the upscale suburb of Lake Oswego, right on the eastern arm of the lake. A Starbucks, Albertson's, Rite Aid and numerous other restaurants are in walking distance, as is a two screen family run movie theatre. Be sure to visit the Tillamook Ice Creamery around the corner! Additonally, the hotel is right on a bus line with good service to central Portland (albeit about a 30 minute ride). The rooms are reasonably spacious and I believe each has a balcony. The rates are certainly reasonable. Refrigerators in the room plus nearby coffee shops, etc make the lack of on site breakfast facilities tolerable.
The downsides are that the hotel is not the quietest. From our room, we could easily hear any conversation on the neighboring balconies, plus conversations on the lakefront walkway across the water (by the railroad tracks). Parking is a challenge - although to the hotel's credit, they do tell you where to find overflow parking (and where not to park).
Additionally, if you want to take a day trip to areas near Portland - the Gorge, Mt. St. Helen's, etc, the hotel is not located near a freeway. In my view, this is the biggest negative. If you are planning to visit Portland and spend most of your time downtown and . or in Lake Oswego, this is a good place to stay. If you are planning to take day trips to outlying areas, I'd personally recommend you stay elsewhere - on or near an interstate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in a wonderful lakefront room or suite in the heart of downtown Lake Oswego. Guests will enjoy complimentary pastries and gourment coffee, lakefront decks, Wi-Fi, flat screen HD TVs, DVD players, small kitchens and lakeside pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Lakeshore Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakeshore Hotel Lake Oswego
- Lakeshore Inn Lake Oswego