The Lakeshore Inn in the pretty, upscale town of Lake Oswego, outside of Portland, has an interesting sort of funky feel to it. I was there in rainy, chilly weather but would love to visit again in the summer. In spite of the chill, my room was welcoming and comfortable. I should say rooms, as I had both a bedroom and a living room/kitchen, and a lovely little balcony overlooking the lake.
I loved having a little kitchen. It reminded me of a summer cabin in that way.
The neighborhood, downtown Lake Oswego, is safe and has plenty of good restaurants, coffee shops, and a little movie theatre all within easy walking distance from the Lakeshore Inn.
Parking is free, and you're also right next to a great little park at the lake. While other reviewers complained about the train noise, I never even noticed it!
I found this to be a perfect hotel for a woman alone or for a family. It might not be the ultimate romantic hotel if you are a couple in search of an escape, but otherwise I think it's a great place to stay when you're in the Portland area.
The staff were friendly and helpful, great directions!
I will definitely return to the Lakeshore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in a wonderful lakefront room or suite in the heart of downtown Lake Oswego. Guests will enjoy complimentary pastries and gourment coffee, lakefront decks, Wi-Fi, flat screen HD TVs, DVD players, small kitchens and lakeside pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Lakeshore Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakeshore Hotel Lake Oswego
- Lakeshore Inn Lake Oswego