“Frustrating internet!”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Lake Oswego
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Frustrating internet!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

When you check in here they give you an eight digit code for access to the wireless Internet and when you are connected it is very fast. However I had to reconnect probably 40 times over a five day stay! Unlike hotels who have their act together, if your PC, iPad, iPhone etc go to inactive for more than 20 or so minutes it disconnects! Then you have to re-enter the code again!

I am a business traveler and not one who has any use for social sites like Facebook so I can only imagine that my level of frustration would be magnified by someone more digitally connected.

My room was Fine but the bed had a big sag in the middle, the hallways need cleaning and the breakfast buffet was actually pretty good. Staff, particularly the maintenance guy, were excellent. He helped me locate boxes I had shipped here for a meeting.

I probably will stay again but I know what to expect for the Internet.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Ron L,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. I apologize for the internet issues you encountered during your stay. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Thank you again for staying with us, and we look forward to your next visit.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Ashland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Service was great. Room had a strong perfume scent so we had to open the window. Room overlooked the side door/outdoor smoking area of the local restaurant/bar. Got woken up 4 or 5 times at night (the latest being 2:30 am) by loud drinkers who needed their nicotine fix. If you have to book at this hotel, stay away from the line of rooms that are next door to the bar.

Room Tip: Rooms near the restaruant/bar are horrible
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Glenn N
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Glenn N,

Thank you for your feedback. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. However, it seems that we were not able to execute an exemplary hotel stay experience with regard to room allocation. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Hayden, Idaho, United States
Reviewed February 3, 2013

my daughter and I stayed there last night. room was very nice and the morning breakfast was excellent. Not like most free breakfasts with day old costco muffins and such. Staff was friendly and helpful. we'll be visiting again in the spring and will no doubt choose this hotel

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HIEX-LO, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Look forward to your return visit in the spring. We try to make breakfast a great experience for every guest. It is important to have options as well as fresh food to serve. The hotel attempts to maintain the highest level of quality and service. Thank you again for taking the time to give future guest and accurate representation of your experience with The Holiday Inn Express in Lake Oswego, OR.
Taylorsville, Utah
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I had a bad experience at the HI in Wilsonville the last time I was in town Nov 2012. I called your hotel on the Carmen exit and Anthony busted his butt in helping me in any way possible. He was amazing. As I walked in all I said was that I talked with someone yesterday about coming over from the HI in Wilsonville and he said, "Mr Lenhart"? That blown me away. He hooked me up with a king exec suite and said "your a platinum member, you deserve an upgrade..." so next day after walking in from work he called me by name and asked how my evening is going. Amazing.... for sure. And now 2 months later as I walked in he said "hi Mr Lenhart, checking in? The rooms are nice and everything is kept clean. Beds are compfy rooms smell clean and I have been satisfied with my stays here for sure. Love how it is tucked into a forest of trees and with the rain and minimal traffic on the freeway. The stay can be exotic like. Has a pool but could use a hot tub for sure.

Room Tip: Stayed in 322 and I cannot remember the other room number but both were excellent.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate your opinion and make it our practice to greet every guest with respect and acknowledgement they deserve. I appreciate you continuing to stay with Holiday Inn Express even after your unfortunate experience with another IHG property. Please feel free to contact me at anytime I will be happy to assist you in any capacity.
Duvall, Washington
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed here for one night on a road trip toward California. Very easy to access as it is right off I-5, but the hotel is "built facing away" and is quiet! Very clean throughout and staff was competent, friendly and very professional. ROOM was clean, modern, well appointed and confortable. We were plesantly suprised by the mini suite layout with desk, chair and couch. We used the pool (indoor) and it was great fun for me and the kids. My only wish was for a hotub. The usual HIE breakfast, hot, decent and super easy to just walk down to the lobby to eat. I would stay here again without hesitation. HIE has really stepped up their game have have been consistently great.

• Stayed January 2013
HIEX-LO, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
The huge fir trees provide excellent cover for the hotel and give a very tranquil sense. The staff takes great pride in being able to connect in a professional manner with all our guests. Our indoor heated saline pool is very popular. The King suite is a nice layout for those that enjoy a separate visiting/living area from the king bedroom. This sofa also makes into a queen sleeping bed which is really convenient for family stopovers. Thank you for the review.
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Good location for the Portland area, quiet room (asked for top floor, away from the freeway), clean well appointed but small room, comfortable bed, quiet heating unit, friendly staff, decent hot breakfast. We only stayed there for a night but it was very pleasant. It was a good value too, as we got the room on a discount site.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LarryB10
HIEX-LO, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
We appreciate your business and are happy to hear your stay was pleasent, quiet and relaxing. The next time you stay with us please take the option of upgrading your bed type to a king room because you will find the rooms are more spacious. We offer the upgrade to guests who have booked with an outside party who do not know our room types as well as our HIExpress.com web site.
Vancouver
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Nice location close to Washington Square, Woodburn Outlet shopping area. Only problem the hotel is hidden behind Chevron gas station and my GPS cannot correctly guide me to the front of the hotel. In terms of amenities there are 2 desktop computers with wide screen monitors plus individual printers available for hotel guest at the lobby which is a real plus, apart from the free Wifi. The swimming pool is at the basement and has windows looking into the car park which I would prefer to be more private. The rooms are tidy, and my bedside table lamps also have built in electric sockets which are very handy for charging my cell phone. There are 2 minor complaints on the room, first there was an empty box of Trojan found in one of the bedside drawers. The other is there is no pen and paper(notepad) in the room which I found unusual. There is free breakfast and altho not much variety the food was quite ok. Overall I am quite happy with the hotel and I would give a 5 if not for the Trojan.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HIEX-LO, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
You are correct; we are behind a gas station and two restaurants; however the front desk has come up with a solution to GPS getting lost, if you put in our address and instead of Lake Oswego you type Tigard you will be directed straight to hotel. It would look like this: 15700 SW Upper Boones Ferry Rd. Tigard, OR 97035. Our indoor heated saline pool is located on the first floor of hotel and the windows are a plus during the summer. Thank you for bringing the missed items in room to our attention. It is important to the hotel staff that every room is cleaned and checked for perfection daily. You can rest assured this issue will be handled with the utmost urgency.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Oswego
Phoenix Inn Suites
Phoenix Inn Suites
#5 of 7 in Lake Oswego
Courtyard Portland Tigard

Been to Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego? Share your experiences!