Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
View Hotel
Phoenix Inn Suites(Lake Oswego)
View Hotel
Grand Hotel At Bridgeport(Tigard)
View Hotel
All reviewsgas stationburger placeroom was cleanwould stay here againthe breakfast areanice staytwo queen bedsindoor poolfitness centereasy accessbusiness centerconvenient locationwashington square mallhiefreewayportlandihg
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 30, 2012

The room was lovely, chekc was good, put the room we had was unfortunatly ws next to noisy people. The front desk did take care of the problem. Breakfast was good, and lots to choices. Area was lovely, and resturants were great.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
HIEX-LO, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

It is true we are located in a business park location with some nice walking parks and beautiful trees to enhance the comfrotable relaxed feeling. The staff prides themselves on being able to correct any issue you might encounter like noisey guests immediately when notified. The breakfast bar is known for serving differt types of eggs and meats daily to avoid guests staying longer than one day having the same choices. The malls and restaurants are a big favorite with guests because of the many varities and choices. The front desk staff always have great ideas for places to eat and visit with your spare time.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I recently stayed at the HIE Lake Oswego for 12 days over 3 weeks for business. I chose this location for its proximity to Tualatin where I was working. I enjoyed the locations scenic surroundings and being a jogger was able to take advantage of perfect weather during my stay for many exhilirating runs. Breakfast is very important for my needs and the staff always had the breakfast ready prior to the advertised 6:30 time which helped me get to work by 7 with no issues. The HIE LO beds were extra comfortable and the rooms were very quiet. One morning I left my camera in the breakfast area but did not realize it was missing. Upon returning to the hotel one of the staff recognized me and used a picture from the camera to figure who the owner was. My camera was returned with all my Oregon memories!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
HIEX-LO, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review The Holiday Inn Express Lake Oswego, Or. We appreciate the kind remarks and I will pass them on to each of my team members. We always strive to make each guest feel welcome and at home while they are visiting for work or play. You are correct there are some beautiful places to run, walk and/or relax surrounding our location. If you choose to let the front desk manager/general manager know what your needs are when you check in we will aleways do our very best to accommodate you.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I checked in for 2 nights room 133, on October 7. As I'm ironing my crisp new white shirt on monday morning, I noticed that the iron was leaving small black smudges on the shirt! I was horrified, as I had no spare white shirt to go with my tie (1 day business trip), and when I complained to the front desk next morning when I was checking out and explained the situation to her, she (Michelle) did nothing on the spot to do anything about it. I would have expected her to take a look at the shirt and reimburse me for the cost of the shirt which is now unwearable! I even had to remind her to get the iron out of the room so no other guest suffers the same problem. A customer who has had a bad experience does not want to be handed a business card of someone else to explain the problem all over again (she handed me the card for some Tocia Cordill) to complain to. Clearly this hotel does not know the needs of business travelers and does not know how to make amends when they screw up. Stay away!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
HIEX-LO, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

I am so sorry to hear about your shirt. It is the hotels policy to inspect the irons every time the room is cleaned for any flaws and replace immediately. My front desk handed you my card because we cannot reimburse third party reservations and she knew I would have to handle said reimbursement. She left me a detailed message concerning your situation and I tried to contact you, although it appears we have an incorrect phone number for you. Please feel free to contact me to discuss this situation and the resolution. It is the hotels policy for every guest to leave satisfied, relaxed and rested.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I will always book my Portland, OR stays with Holiday Inn Express, Lake Oswego. I feel as if I am treated by friends and family. I am away over 200 nights annually, and admittedly it can get lonely at times. This property treats me like a friend and helps me to feel safe and comfortable. The ammenities are top notch and constantly improving. The television selection is loaded with the same channels I enjoy at home. The internet is fast. The food is good. Most importantly, the rooms are clean and up to date. No stained carpets. No hair in the bath. No bugs. Thanks to Tocia, Andrew, Telo, Jameson and all the rest who take care of me.

Gerald Duclos

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
HIEX-LO, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you for your kind words Mr. Duclos. We always want to make each guest feel like they are at home with us. It is our pleasure to go out of our way and provide excellent customer service to everyone that stays with us. From the first phone call to the express checkout we strive to make each contact with us memorable and satisfying. We have done some new upgrades like adding 150 high definition televison channels. As always we welcome all comments because we all strive to be better with each interaction at the Holiday Inn Express in Lake Oswego, OR.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Bad:
Booked a 10 day stay through Funjet travel. Hotel charged my credit card $764 instead of the Funjet account and no one at the hotel will take responsibility to reverse the charge. The smallest Holiday Inn Express room I have ever stayed in. Noise from the bar next door. Parking lot too small, had to park at the next door bar twice. If you have a Holiday Inn account, no points or nights credit for the 10 day stay. Was supposed to have about 30 TV stations, but every night, 3-5 channels were just a bouncing Dish/Direct TV logo. Bed was old, kept rolling to the middle, Sheets kept coming off as the mattress topper and mattress were too thick for the sheets. A/C worked, but very noisy.
Good:
Breakfast was hot and eggs/meat item changed daily. Washer & dryer worked well. Good location.

Room Tip: Say away from the bar next door, stay away from rooms at the end of the hall x15, x16.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
HIEX-LO, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you for posting your concerns. It is always the hotels policy to resolve any issue the guest may be having while staying in the hotel. While you were here we were unable to charge the authorized credit card because it was not sent with your reservation. We tried several times to contact the company while you were staying with us and received no response from them. After your departure we were finally able to resolve and hotel management sent an email to you confirming we had resolved the issue for you. The hotel apologizes for any inconvenience this may of caused you. Please feel free to reach out to me anytime with any concerns you may have and know I am always available even when you are staying with us.