“Great Service from Caring People”

Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Lake Oswego
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I will always book my Portland, OR stays with Holiday Inn Express, Lake Oswego. I feel as if I am treated by friends and family. I am away over 200 nights annually, and admittedly it can get lonely at times. This property treats me like a friend and helps me to feel safe and comfortable. The ammenities are top notch and constantly improving. The television selection is loaded with the same channels I enjoy at home. The internet is fast. The food is good. Most importantly, the rooms are clean and up to date. No stained carpets. No hair in the bath. No bugs. Thanks to Tocia, Andrew, Telo, Jameson and all the rest who take care of me.

Gerald Duclos

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
HIEX-LO, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you for your kind words Mr. Duclos. We always want to make each guest feel like they are at home with us. It is our pleasure to go out of our way and provide excellent customer service to everyone that stays with us. From the first phone call to the express checkout we strive to make each contact with us memorable and satisfying. We have done some new upgrades like adding 150 high definition televison channels. As always we welcome all comments because we all strive to be better with each interaction at the Holiday Inn Express in Lake Oswego, OR.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Bad:
Booked a 10 day stay through Funjet travel. Hotel charged my credit card $764 instead of the Funjet account and no one at the hotel will take responsibility to reverse the charge. The smallest Holiday Inn Express room I have ever stayed in. Noise from the bar next door. Parking lot too small, had to park at the next door bar twice. If you have a Holiday Inn account, no points or nights credit for the 10 day stay. Was supposed to have about 30 TV stations, but every night, 3-5 channels were just a bouncing Dish/Direct TV logo. Bed was old, kept rolling to the middle, Sheets kept coming off as the mattress topper and mattress were too thick for the sheets. A/C worked, but very noisy.
Good:
Breakfast was hot and eggs/meat item changed daily. Washer & dryer worked well. Good location.

Room Tip: Say away from the bar next door, stay away from rooms at the end of the hall x15, x16.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
HIEX-LO, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you for posting your concerns. It is always the hotels policy to resolve any issue the guest may be having while staying in the hotel. While you were here we were unable to charge the authorized credit card because it was not sent with your reservation. We tried several times to contact the company while you were staying with us and received no response from them. After your departure we were finally able to resolve and hotel management sent an email to you confirming we had resolved the issue for you. The hotel apologizes for any inconvenience this may of caused you. Please feel free to reach out to me anytime with any concerns you may have and know I am always available even when you are staying with us.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I checked in Sunday 23 Sept 2012 around 7pm. I asked for a room on the main floor and went to my assigned room (233). About an hour later a heard someone trying to enter my room. Turns out they were assigned my room by the same desk clerk who checked me in. A few minutes later the desk clerk called and acted like I had done something wrong. He said his system showed the room as "empty".

I'm not sure if the couple who were assigned my room could have gotten in. The desk clerk said their key wouldn't have worked, I'm not so sure. The next time I tried to use my key, it didn't work, which likely would have been caused by giving another guest the key to the room.

One more thing for the other Priority Club Platinum Elite members. On check in, I was informed that a room upgrade was a third floor room. Their justification for using any third floor room was that since there were no rooms on top of you, it wasn't as noisy. How bad must the rooms on the other levels be?

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
HIEX-LO, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

I completely agree this is unacceptable and that person has been removed from that position. The hotel guest standards are much higher than the service provided to you as a guest. I am sorry this happened and that it took you telling me about it. The hotels approach is always to be proactive not reactive. The hotels policy is to upgrade platinum and gold members to rooms with a better view, quietier floor, higher floor and or upgraded room type if we have any available. I will be contacting you by phone to discuss this further because it is of the utmost importance that all guests are treated with 100% great customer service.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I will come back here. Good value and great service. I asked the front desk for pizza recommendations and he assisted promptly. Asked them for location of certain vending machines and he led me there. For me they gave great service. The pool water seemed a little over chlorinated. The breakfast was very good. Room was comfortable and clean. Quiet area for being somewhat close to the freeway. Used the business area a couple of times, good setup and easy to use. Overall very positive experience. Stayed in room 233, 9/22/2012.

• Stayed: September 2012
HIEX-LO, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with The Holiday Inn Express in Lake Oswego, Or. We are always happy to provide reccommendations for food and directions to any where you would like to go. We also provide business services to all hotel guests. Please feel free to stop by the front desk for any of your needs to be met by the hotel staff if we can't do it for you we can certainly provide someone close by who can.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Stayed there 9/20. The hotel is next to a bar. I couldn't go to sleep until almost 2 due to the music coming from the adjacent bar and the outdoor bar deck. Next morning - the "hot" breakfast was luekwarm at best....won't stay there again!! The desk clerk could have at least warned me I wouldn't get a good night's sleep! Told the morning desk clerk - he didn't care less!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review The Holiday Inn Express in Lake Oswego, Or. The restaurant is one of the hotel's most used draws with the outside sitting area for our guests to use at no charge. It is true all guests need to be notified when coming into hotel that their room is set to be on restaurant side of hotel and we can certainly make a room type change and put you on the quietier side of hotel. Please let the hotel know if you encounter any issues with your stay when you are here because the hotel staff pride themselves on being able to help guests resolve any concerns they might have with the hotel.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

The staff and manager, Tocia were the bestest in giving me help to arrange for a family reunion in Portland, OR. They were so helpful in getting all of the rooms for the family as well as getting a meeting room for our reunion and helping us with local restaurants and deli's for food. On top of all this, the rooms were very clean and the breakfasts were wonderful. We will stay here whenever we're back in Portland.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
HIEX-LO, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with The Holiday Inn Express in Lake Oswego, OR. Thank you for the wonderful comments we appreciate all opinions but it is always nice to hear positive remarks about your stays. We look forward to having you and your family come and stay with us again. The staff and I will be happy to help an anyway possible to make your time with us the best. Glad you made it home safely. Take care see you next time.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed here on our way to Crater Lake. The room was big with a nice sitting area. We had a fridge and microwave which was perfect with a three year old. There isn't a restaurant in the hotel, but there are a few places to eat within walking distance. Burgerville is across the parking lot. The pool was nice and warm. My daughter had a great time. The room was nice and clean. The free breakfast was a nice bonus. This would be a great place to stay if you wanted to see Portland but don't want to pay big hotel prices.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
HIEX-LO, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thank you reviewing your stay with The Holiday Inn Express in Lake Oswego. We would like to invite you to come back at anytime. The hotel staff do their very best to provide consistent service great guests love. We are glad you stopped and had a wonderful stay. You are correct the pool is great and warm, soothing autmosphere. The breakfast is complimentry but we provide more than just the typical continental. The eggs and meat choices change daily for those that stay more than one night. Variety is always nice. Please feel free to contact me at anytime.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Oswego
Phoenix Inn Suites
Phoenix Inn Suites
#4 of 7 in Lake Oswego
Residence Inn Portland South/Lake Oswego

Been to Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego? Share your experiences!