“Gave another guest a key to my room”

Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Lake Oswego
Boston, Massachusetts
“Gave another guest a key to my room”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I checked in Sunday 23 Sept 2012 around 7pm. I asked for a room on the main floor and went to my assigned room (233). About an hour later a heard someone trying to enter my room. Turns out they were assigned my room by the same desk clerk who checked me in. A few minutes later the desk clerk called and acted like I had done something wrong. He said his system showed the room as "empty".

I'm not sure if the couple who were assigned my room could have gotten in. The desk clerk said their key wouldn't have worked, I'm not so sure. The next time I tried to use my key, it didn't work, which likely would have been caused by giving another guest the key to the room.

One more thing for the other Priority Club Platinum Elite members. On check in, I was informed that a room upgrade was a third floor room. Their justification for using any third floor room was that since there were no rooms on top of you, it wasn't as noisy. How bad must the rooms on the other levels be?

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HIEX-LO, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
I completely agree this is unacceptable and that person has been removed from that position. The hotel guest standards are much higher than the service provided to you as a guest. I am sorry this happened and that it took you telling me about it. The hotels approach is always to be proactive not reactive. The hotels policy is to upgrade platinum and gold members to rooms with a better view, quietier floor, higher floor and or upgraded room type if we have any available. I will be contacting you by phone to discuss this further because it is of the utmost importance that all guests are treated with 100% great customer service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I will come back here. Good value and great service. I asked the front desk for pizza recommendations and he assisted promptly. Asked them for location of certain vending machines and he led me there. For me they gave great service. The pool water seemed a little over chlorinated. The breakfast was very good. Room was comfortable and clean. Quiet area for being somewhat close to the freeway. Used the business area a couple of times, good setup and easy to use. Overall very positive experience. Stayed in room 233, 9/22/2012.

• Stayed September 2012
HIEX-LO, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with The Holiday Inn Express in Lake Oswego, Or. We are always happy to provide reccommendations for food and directions to any where you would like to go. We also provide business services to all hotel guests. Please feel free to stop by the front desk for any of your needs to be met by the hotel staff if we can't do it for you we can certainly provide someone close by who can.
Tacoma
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Stayed there 9/20. The hotel is next to a bar. I couldn't go to sleep until almost 2 due to the music coming from the adjacent bar and the outdoor bar deck. Next morning - the "hot" breakfast was luekwarm at best....won't stay there again!! The desk clerk could have at least warned me I wouldn't get a good night's sleep! Told the morning desk clerk - he didn't care less!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review The Holiday Inn Express in Lake Oswego, Or. The restaurant is one of the hotel's most used draws with the outside sitting area for our guests to use at no charge. It is true all guests need to be notified when coming into hotel that their room is set to be on restaurant side of hotel and we can certainly make a room type change and put you on the quietier side of hotel. Please let the hotel know if you encounter any issues with your stay when you are here because the hotel staff pride themselves on being able to help guests resolve any concerns they might have with the hotel.
Broomfield, Colorado, United States
Reviewed September 7, 2012

The staff and manager, Tocia were the bestest in giving me help to arrange for a family reunion in Portland, OR. They were so helpful in getting all of the rooms for the family as well as getting a meeting room for our reunion and helping us with local restaurants and deli's for food. On top of all this, the rooms were very clean and the breakfasts were wonderful. We will stay here whenever we're back in Portland.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HIEX-LO, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with The Holiday Inn Express in Lake Oswego, OR. Thank you for the wonderful comments we appreciate all opinions but it is always nice to hear positive remarks about your stays. We look forward to having you and your family come and stay with us again. The staff and I will be happy to help an anyway possible to make your time with us the best. Glad you made it home safely. Take care see you next time.
Seattle, WA
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed here on our way to Crater Lake. The room was big with a nice sitting area. We had a fridge and microwave which was perfect with a three year old. There isn't a restaurant in the hotel, but there are a few places to eat within walking distance. Burgerville is across the parking lot. The pool was nice and warm. My daughter had a great time. The room was nice and clean. The free breakfast was a nice bonus. This would be a great place to stay if you wanted to see Portland but don't want to pay big hotel prices.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HIEX-LO, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you reviewing your stay with The Holiday Inn Express in Lake Oswego. We would like to invite you to come back at anytime. The hotel staff do their very best to provide consistent service great guests love. We are glad you stopped and had a wonderful stay. You are correct the pool is great and warm, soothing autmosphere. The breakfast is complimentry but we provide more than just the typical continental. The eggs and meat choices change daily for those that stay more than one night. Variety is always nice. Please feel free to contact me at anytime.
Bowling Green
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We enjoyed our Labor Day weekend getaway to Portland. We love to get out there as often as possible to visit our son and his girlfriend. We love to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Portland South. The staff are always friendly and willing to help with any special needs we have. We have stayed at this hotel many times and the rooms are always clean and well cared for. We have never used the pool on prior visits, but this time we decided to get a swim in. The pool is very nice, maybe the best we have ever seen at a Holiday Inn Express. The management and staff obviously care about providing excellent customer service. I would recommend this hotel to any traveler who will be in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HIEX-LO, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for continuing to return to The Holiday Inn Express. The hotel and its staff pride ourselves on being able to provide a consistency of excellent service. I am so glad you were able to enjoy the pool this time. We look forward to return visit and as usual if you need any special requests or anything please notify the front desk and we will always do our best to accommadate you. Please feel free to reach out to me anytime.
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We arrived into the Portland area around 12:30am on a weeknight with no reservations and just trying to find somewhere to stay. We were hoping to find a hotel that would maybe discount the room prices a little being so late, but no luck. However, the stay was wonderful! The room was clean, we were able to carry our 3 kids up and put them straight into bed. The beds were amazingly comfortable. I have lower back issues and am very picky about beds and often wake up in pain, but not here. I didn't even want to get up, the pillows were nice and I would stay here again just for the beds!! The staff was very friendly, at breakfast someone walked around to each table to ask how their stay was going, if they needed anything and to make sure everything was good. The breakfast was nice, especially with the kids, they loved making a pb&j for breakfast and the pancake maker was fun for our 9 yr old. Aside from the beds the pool is by far the most kid friendly pool at a hotel we have ever stayed at. It was warm, a first for most places we have been to. The kids swam for over an hour and our 3 year old wasn't cold at all. Yes there is no hot tub but those are too hot for our kiddos anyway. This was a welcome treat. If you are looking for a comfortable, relaxing, and fun place to stay with a family this hotel is a MUST! So glad we found it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
The hotel and staff are thrilled your family stayed with us and had a great time. Week nights are our busiest with business travels and so we are glad you were able to get in. We do consider ourselves a business hotel but it is nice to hear families can come stay with us and have a great time. We look forward to a return trip and can guarentee the consistency of an excellent stay will again be your experience. Thank you for choosing to stay at The Holiday Inn Express in Lake Oswego, Or
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Oswego
#5 of 7 in Lake Oswego
Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland South/Lake Oswego
Grand Hotel At Bridgeport
Courtyard Portland Tigard

Been to Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego? Share your experiences!