“This is a great business hotel, good people working there!”

Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Lake Oswego
Chicago, Illinois
“This is a great business hotel, good people working there!”
Reviewed June 2, 2011

This was a nice hotel with friendly, helpful staff. My room was not ready and a housekeeper was called to clean it and did so in a short amount of time.

This property is very quiet considering being off a highway. The exercise room is well equipped for a small room and the breakfast room and the room are very clean and nice.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Fjeldbar
HIEX-LO, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
We really appreciate your review and I will pass on to my staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Milpitas, California
Reviewed May 4, 2011

I was traveling through and needed a hotel room. I used my Priority Club App for the 1st time and it was a breeze to make the reservation and everything was correct when I arrived and the gent who checked us in was very nice and polite.

The hotel has a beautiful sense of arrival. Albeit is close to a freeway, the back of the hotel is sheltered by beautiful and mature evergreens. Minimal noise can be heard inside the guestroom.

As a Priority Club Platinum member, I was quickly upgraded to a one bedroomsuite with a king bed and a pull-out sofa sleeper which worked perfectly for me and my 2 daughters. In addition, I received bottled water and cookies for being a Platinum member.

The guestroom was very clean, smelled nice, had 2 flat panel TVs, large mini-fridge, microwave and large desk for me to work on and use complimentary High Speed Internet which was stable for my VPN.

The king bed was very comfortable and had the option of soft and firm pillows already on the bed.

My daughters used he pool and had a ball...it was very clean and temp was perfect.

Great Hotel! Thanks!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank MSwanson777
We enjoy you kind thoughts and are happy to continue to provide excellent service.
Tiburon, California
Reviewed April 17, 2011

Excellent no frills choice. Very convenient to I5, two minutes from the exit. About two miles from a large mid to upper range shopping center with a wide selection of restaurants and cafes. It feels as if it is fairly new so everything looks good and works.

The front desk service at check-in and departure was efficient and pleasant. The room overlooked a part of the parking lot so no interesting views. There is an exercise room which I didn't use but I did look in and while it wasn't large it did appear to have a reasonable range and quantity of equipment. Their is a small breakfast room but I didn't try the breakfast.

The room was a better than average size with a sink in the bedroom area and a bathroom with a toilet and a (small) tub incorporating a shower. The water pressure was strong and the water was hot. Besides two queen beds there was a work desk and chair, more than adequate for working. The desk light incorporated two power outlets so there was no need to scramble under the desk for an outlet. The in-room WiFi worked, minimal log-in hassle and performance was adequate. The bed wasn't my favorite, I thought the mattress was a bit thin and soft for my liking.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank TiburonTony
vancouver
Reviewed April 10, 2011

Very comfortable room. Friendly staff. Always a good deal to get complimentary breakfast. Very handy access off the freeway. Would stay here again in an instant.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank saint974
Pasco, Washington
Reviewed March 16, 2011

I am usually a huge fan of Holiday Inn Express hotels, but this room smelled like a stale stinky basement ( I guess that's what I get for requesting a room closed to the pool) and ever 20 seconds through the night the fire alarm flashed a green light (red too but it didn't bother me as bad), lighting up the whole room! So crazy annoying. When we checked out the next morning my husband made sure that the lady understood that we were not in any means satisfied with our night stay. She apoligized and promised to send a maintenance guy to check it out, but like that helped make my stay any better. So much for trying to make your customers happy, I'm still pissed at Holiday Inn express. And because my horrible night's sleep left me so cranky, I'd also like to complain about the breakfast. The food itself really was good but the guy that was supposed to be taking care of the area took forever to bring out fresh food! There were no forks out for almost 20 minutes...kinda hard to eat without any. I hope that someone with Holiday Inn Express takes the time to make this right with me.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Happynhappier
Towson, Maryland
Reviewed January 20, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel in previous years with delightful stays.
However, my stay at this hotel this week was one that will surely cause them to lose my business. I am not sure what the process of hiring new management is, but their new manager needs to be much more professional. As I was being checked in by the front desk agent, here comes the manager, looking over the agents shoulder and had the nerve to ask the agent in front of my presence why I was being charged "such a low rate?" followed by an annoying laugh. The agent explained I stayed at the hotel frequently and the rate I was being charged was the rate I paid in past stays. Without hesitation the manager raised the rate by $50 per night and informed me the hotel is under new management and all previous agreements are voided. I did not make a scene and just left the hotel without issue and went across the way to the Courtyard Hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank b_more60848
jatpat, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this review, February 18, 2011
I am sorry to hear that you were not able to stay at our hotel. I am not sure what special rate you were getting in the past however if you shop around you will find that we are the best lodging value in the area. We just opened a few years ago and are brand new, offer a complimentry breakfast buffet as well as a business center, indoor pool and free high speed internet access.
MERRIMACK
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Stayed here one night for business while in the area. Got the hotel off Hotwire and was very impressed. It's located right off I-5 south of Portland, tucked in behind some large trees so it's quiet location. The hotel was completely remodeled about a year ago and its looks it. I thought it was a brand new hotel, but the front desk staff informed me it was about 30 years old and then had the remodel. Typically HIE, with free hot breakfast. Some of the breakfast machines (pancake maker) were not working, but still better continental then you get at many hotels. Has a nice salt water pool in the basement although did not use it. One exit down the highway is a hugh shopping plaza with all kinds of stores, a movie theather and many restaurants. One tip: if your early and want a bite to eat, stop in at McCormick and Schmidt's. It a very nice restaurant, usually a bit pricy but they offer an excellent happy hour menu at amazing prices. Large portion meals and apps. for $2-5. Check it out, well worth it from 3-6pm Mon-Fri.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
#5 of 7 in Lake Oswego
Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland South/Lake Oswego
Grand Hotel At Bridgeport
Courtyard Portland Tigard

Been to Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego? Share your experiences!