“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Lake Oswego
Shoreline, Washington
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

I've always been well treated at this hotel where I stay when visiting my daughter who lives nearby and I have never had any of the negative experiences mentioned by others in some of these reviews. To the contrary, the staff has always been friendly and helpful and I've found the breakfast to be outstanding with very good coffee and wide selection of foods to eat.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank JovialSeattle_WA
Heather C, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland South/Lake Oswego, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear JovialSeattle_WA,

Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave your feedback! We truly appreciate it. I am so happy to hear that your experiences at our hotel have been positive. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town to visit your daughter.

Thank you again.

-Heather Cavallucci

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Rainier, Washington
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I am a platinum member for the Marriott chain and have stayed here several dozen times and I will not stay here again. I tried to get a bag of chips from their lobby store and was interogated by a staff member who had a combative atittude> This was going on while young children were screaming and banging all around the hotel. I told him to forget the purchase which made the employee follow me down the hall. This made me feel very uncomfortable. there is chaos going on and the guy trying to buy a bag of chips is the issue.

Do not stay here. There are several hotels close by that do not hassle people, especially their top tier clientele

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Heather C, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland South/Lake Oswego, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Dear John,

I appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. I understand that you wanted to purchase some chips from our Lobby Market and charge the purchase to your guest room. It is our hotel's policy to ask for some proof of ID before charging Market items to guest rooms. This is only to protect the guest. I do apologize if you felt this was inappropriate of us. I am hoping it was just a miscommunication. I have spoken to my Front Desk Agent, and he does remember this incident. It sounds like there may have been a misunderstanding in his intentions by asking you for your ID. Again, I am sorry if you experienced any inconvenience.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback.

-Heather
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I know of this hotel from my friend's recommendation. They said that this hotel was very convenient to shopping centers like Washington Square and Woodburn Outlets, everything is around 10-20 minutes drive; and it sure is, everything was close and convenient. Throughout our stay, the breakfast was excellent. There was fresh fruits, fresh waffles, and fresh pastries, all tasted excellent. Although there were some minor dust and stains in the room, other than that everything was wonderful. In addition, the filter of the air conditioning were cleaned everyday, therefore we will not be breathing in dust. Overall the say was excellent.

Room Tip: - Rooms on higher floors are better
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Racsolam,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback on your stay at our facility! We truly appreciate all feedback from our guests. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed the convenience of our location as well as the breakfast variety!

We look forward to seeing you again when you return to the Portland area. Thank you again for your feedback!

-Heather
Reviewed March 1, 2014

3/1/2014 Breakfast "manned" by one gal who let everything run out at once. No coffee by front desk or in the breakfast area for over 30 minutes. Room is adequate and quiet, but we just came from 2 nights at Holiday Inn Express in Seattle and this one pales in comparison, overall. Doubt I will choose a Fairfield Inn again. Funny color scheme thru out the hotel....turquoise, orange, and a funky gold. The 2 guys who checked us in 2/29 were very helpful and quick.

Room Tip: ask for one NOT near the elevator
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Heather C, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland South/Lake Oswego, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear TravelGal,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your experience at our property. We truly appreciate your feedback! I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your breakfast experience. We will take your feedback into consideration and we have every intention of improving the breakfast experience for future guests.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback. If you choose to stay in the Lake Oswego area again, we would love to have another chance to make it right.

-Heather Cavallucci
Front Office Manager
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I stayed for business for five nights, and found the hotel to be very good overall.

The room was modern and clean and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom and shower were very clean and up to date. Towels were a little thin. My room had a king size bed, a refrigerator, iron/ironing board, coffee maker and hair dryer. No microwave or safe.

The hotel decor was very modern and they had a nice little store with drinks, snacks and toiletry items - well stocked. There is a pool with a hot tub and a very small gym.

The continental breakfast was pretty decent - bagels, muffins, breads, cereal, oatmeal, coffee, juice, waffles, bacon, turkey sausage, hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, and cut fruit.

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

The cons were that the hotel was full of children attending a swim meet, I heard of complaints that the youth were noisy, myself I never heard any noise from the youth. The chaperones and coaches though were another matter, they would be continually walking around and yelling at the youth. The hoard of youth did drain the breakfast one morning, but it gave me the opportunity to eat out. On the third day of my stay, I came back in the early afternoon and my room had not been made up. No problem I can make my own bed. Unfortunately, the next day my room was not made up either. I complained to the night front desk person but never heard anything back from the hotel management. I do understand that they were very full and possibly did not have enough staff.

It was a great stay and I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: High floor, back side.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Patrick M, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland South/Lake Oswego, responded to this review, August 16, 2015
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland South/Lake Oswego!

Sorry for the late response! My name is Patrick and I’m actually the new Operations Manager at the property and I’m getting caught up on all our reviews!

As a valued guest, we appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a great stay. With a spirit to serve, we take great pride in not only meeting, but exceeding your expectations.

Patrick McQueary
Operations Manager
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lake Oswego
patrick.mcqueary@marriott.com
(503)670-7557
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Hi,

We stayed at Fairfield South/Lake Oswago last weekend (Jan 3-Jan 4). We were so disapointed and were not happy at all. THe hotel IS NOT SAFE at all. We parked our car at the back side of the hotel and car window got smashed and we lost our electronic stuffs. The front desk called us at 5am on Saturday Jan 4 to tell us that someone stole our stuffs. We will not come back to this hotel forever and will let my frined know not to come to this hotel. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF U WANT TO STAY AT THIS HOTEL. U WILL GET SAME EXPERIENCES AS MINE. I wish FAIRFIELD can do something with my experience. They seemed do NOT CARE after THIS HAPPENED :(.

disapointed client

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank mei l
Hawaii
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Hotel very nice, room clean and housekeeping very thorough. Elevator slow, room walls a bit thin, luckily the guests next to my room were a quiet bunch. Loved the coin laundry availability. However morning breakfast hot foods seriously lacking in taste. Eggs substitute runny and tastelessl, bacon and sausage patties undercooked. It was a challenge getting the room temp just right. Hotel staff I encountered very friendly and helpful. Location the best near work office and many places to eat nearby. Will definitely plan to stay there in the future. Priced right.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
#5 of 7 in Lake Oswego
Residence Inn Portland South/Lake Oswego
Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego
Courtyard Portland Tigard

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland South/Lake Oswego? Share your experiences!