“Business trip made better”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland South/Lake Oswego
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lake Oswego
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

I always expect a clean and comfortable room when I stay at any Marriott related hotel. My first time in Oregon and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Directions and restaurant recommendations were offered upon arrival and every hotel member I met was great. Thanks for a pleasant stay .

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We were visiting friends in the Lake Oswego/Tualatin area and stayed for 4 nights here. The hotel looks very nice inside and out. The front desk and service staff were helpful and friendly. The hotel rooms are very clean and quiet. Their breakfast was very good and included some options that I have not often found in hotel provided breakfasts. They have a fitness room, but I would have liked a couple more types of exercise machines. We would definitely return here when we come back to the Lake Oswego area

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We had occasion to stay in the Portland area so went to the Fairfield Inn, Lake Oswego. The bed was a little firm but we have had much worse. It was very clean. The desk folks were nice. We enjoyed the spa although it was too hot to stay in very long. The breakfast was very good and the cook was friendly and helpful. We plan to go back when the need arises!

Room Tip: We like upstairs so we can open the window for fresh air.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed here on a recent tour of Portland area colleges and business. The room was clean, the breakfast was above average for this type and it had a handy snack area where you cold purchase ice cream and other treats.

My only complaint, as with many hotels, was that the sound dampening between rooms was less than desirable.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I was meeting a friend here in Portland, OR and they were staying in the Jantzeen Beach area. I am traveling by myself (I'm a woman) and was feeling very conscious about safety. I had lived in the Lake Oswego area and knew the area very well where this hotel is located. I was not disappointed at all. It's quiet (although very close to I-5, like a 2 minute drive), nestled in the trees, and very safe. It extremely convenient being right off the freeway and only 10 miles south of Portland.

The hotel itself is clean, the staff were very helpful. The first night they put me on the 3rd floor. I got woke up at 6am from someone walking above me. They didn't sound like they were being excessively loud either. So I asked to be moved to the top floor (4th) and it was done without a problem. The rooms are nice, I got the King suite that had a fridge and micro. It was very nice, once I was on the top floor. I've never stayed in a hotel that had such issues with sound between floors. There was no noise between rooms.

I slept very well the three days I was here. The beds were comfortable. The pillows were... well kind of flat. I'm used to nicer pillows but they worked fine.

The service was top-notch like it always is at any Marriott I stay at. The rooms were very clean. The curtains were not as "black out" as I usually prefer (light came from the bottom of the curtains) but I just threw some pillows under the curtain and it was fine. The A/C and heater worked well (it was fall so I had to use each at some point).

Overall, I would stay here again. Just make sure you get a room on the top floor, and have extra pillows and blankets to block out the curtains for the eastern sun that comes right in your room if you are on the east facing side.

Room Tip: Pick the top floor, have extra pillows because the pillows are kind of flat. I also needed extra bed...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed three nights from Sept. 9 -12. Booked a suite for about $30 extra thinking it would be two rooms - it's not, just a slightly larger room with a sitting area. Asked desk after first night with no sleep to see if there was a second room available at a discount, since we thought it was two rooms. She said the manager would get back to me, but no one ever did. Otherwise beds were very comfortable, breakfast was good with a varied selection, room was quiet despite being on the first floor, and a shower chair was made available for my 80 year old mother.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2012

2nd night of our USA Roadtrip after Seattle. Hotel was pretty easy to find, our first room had a definite odour (like bleach), reception were very happy to change it with no fuss and plenty of apologies. The front desk manageress recommended an Italian Restaurant in Portland city centre (15 mins drive) called Mama Mia, great recommendation, it was amazing.
As for the hotel it's in a quiet location, nowhere special but handy for the main freeways. Good parking and the rooms were big enough and adequately equipped.
Our only grumble was the lack of real choice for breakfast, it was ok at best. Other than this we would recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix Inn Suites
Phoenix Inn Suites
#4 of 7 in Lake Oswego
Courtyard Portland Tigard

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland South/Lake Oswego? Share your experiences!