“Great service, away from the I5”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland South/Lake Oswego
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lake Oswego
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We booked this hotel based on other reviews and are glad we did. We needed a place that allowed us easy access to Washington Square, but also away from downtown Portland. As we were driving to the coast after a day in Tigard, this hotel was a perfect location. The best part was that it was away from the noise of the I5 yet you could be on the highway in less than 5 minutes. The room was comfortable, and service was more than good, it was enthusiastic! I felt like they were waiting for us to arrive and were glad we were there. The breakfast room was a nice touch as well. For the price, location and service, we will certainly be back!

Joanne R.
Vancouver, BC

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland South/Lake Oswego

Reviewed July 2, 2012

We booked this room last minute and were given a king with pull out sofa for 4 people. The pull out is about the size of a double bed and was okay for my kids. The king bed was very soft and comfy. Our room had a fridge and microwave, 2 flat screen tv's and a stereo system. Breakfast was adequate but I really missed the hot choices that we get at other Marriott properties. Overall it was an excellent stay for us.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I stayed one night at this hotel while driving home with my family from Disneyland. We booked this hotel at the last minute, and were very pleasantly surprised. The breakfast area is very nice, the lobby is open, the room was fairly large. There was a rowdy crowd of teenagers in the pool area, but that was not Fairfield's fault. Overall it was a nice stay.

Room Tip: Rooms are fairly quiet, but the A/C unit in the rooms are somewhat loud.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I booked two rooms for two co-workers attending a conference in the area. I was about to book at another hotel when I read the TripAdvisor reports and looked through the photographs. I decided on the Fairfield instead. The good points: rooms good, breakfast was okay (one co-worker was fine with the seletion, the other felt it was below basic choices). Check-in was NOT good. I had booked the rooms using our co. credit card. When my co-workers checked in, they would not honor the rate quoted and they wanted not only one of their personal credit cards to use for incidentials, but wanted to charge the full amount at check in time. After going around and around for awhile, the hotel was willing to put a small incidential charge against one of the co-workers personal cards. Neither co-worker felt that the hotel really went out of their way to make this correct. They have since filled out an online survey with Marriott and no response from corp. has been received.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Stayed twice in two weeks. First stay was great ..king suite..comfy bed, clean, quiet, room as requested..away from stairs, elevator, ice maker as I am light sleeper. My only complaint on this stay was lack of choice on breakfast as I am gluten dairy intolerant. Some fresh fruit like watermelon or berries would be nice. There was nothing available but a banana or apple that I could eat.

Second stay was a different story! Same request on room ... was placed right beside stairs which had door slam nearly continual until after midnight! We were told it was away from the stairs when checking in, but got upstairs and room was directly across. We were then told there wasn't anything else available as they were full the night before. The bed was terribly uncomfortable, as well. Very thin walls, door wasn't aligned properly so didn't shut quite right, the wallpaper was ripped, and the street noise was like sitting outside. Based on second stay, probably wouldn't return!

Room Tip: Upgrade to king suite
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I stay in many Fairfield's and they do vary. This one had very friendly staff who seemed eager to please. The lobby was appealingly furnished and the cookies were yummy. The breakfast was basic Fairfield: cold cereal, hot oatmeal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs and breakfast pastries. Coffee was OK but nothing to write home about. Other Fairfield's are starting to outdo them in the breakfast department. The room was a suite but it was very small. The side of the bed I got out on was only about a foot wide (possibly less around the heat/AC unit). The room did have a refrigerator and microwave which was nice and a separate sitting area but the room felt much smaller than a normal room would have. The bed was comfortable, no complaints there.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AGoingGal
Reviewed June 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for four nights on a trip to Portland. We chose this hotel as an economical way to visit Portland (which we love) without having to pay the higher hotel prices in Portland (plus the hotel parking charges which can be $30 a night at some hotels downtown). We were pleasantly surprised, and had a great stay here. The room was very large and comfortable, with all the basics, bed was very comfortable. Only thing was that there was no microwave or fridge. The best thing was the incredibly friendly and gracious staff members, they really went above and beyond. We didn't use the pool or hottub, but they looked really nice, and the included breakfast was great. The drive to downtown Portland was less than 20 minutes. We will stay here again, definitely!!

Room Tip: try to get a room away from the main street, was a bit noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix Inn Suites
Phoenix Inn Suites
#4 of 7 in Lake Oswego
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland South/Lake Oswego? Share your experiences!