“Very Convenient”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland South/Lake Oswego
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lake Oswego
Reviewed October 29, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for two nights during our west coast trip and we found this hotel to be very adequate for our stay. As others have mentioned, the Fairfield is about a15-20 minute drive to Portland so it is very convenient. The entrance to the freeway is right near the hotel. Across the street from the hotel is an Olive Garden, Applebee's, and another restaurant. Down the block (quick drive or a long walk) is Trader Joe's and about 5 minutes away is an Albertson.

The only negative during our stay was we were assigned a room below the lobby level (I guess you can call this the ground level) and while it was convenient because our room was right near the back door to the hotel, so we could park our car near the back door, at night you could hear people walking above the room. I'm not sure if the noise was people walking on the lobby level, but it was loud enough to hear.

Other than that, I recommend the Fairfield because it is a lot cheper than the downtown hotels in Portland and everything is close by.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gsuzuki

Reviewed October 25, 2011

Third time here. Excellent service. Forgot they don't have refrigerators in every room (King suites do, I believe) so they will rent you one for five bucks. Comes mounted with a microwave on top. AAA rate was $85 plus tax which seemed to be a good price. Very close to I-5 and 217, making trips easy. Only complaint was only three sets of towels, even though we specified four guests. Quickly delivered to our room, though.

Room Tip: There are two back doors, one on the lower level, one near the pool. You can park near either and a...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I'll be honest--I'm fairly biased about hotels. I find comfort in the larger, well-known chains (Hilton, Marriott, Sheraton). I tend to look for Marriotts in places I go, unless I want the more intimate B&B feel. But this particular hotel is a favorite of mine, and one that I've recommended to family and friends before. Every time I stay in/around Portland, I choose this hotel to stay at. However--I use this hotel as a stop-over, and have only spent 1-2 nights at a time here.

Pros: location (easy drive to Portland, access to several good restaurants), plenty of free parking, nice and competent staff, free wifi, comfortable beds, good breakfast, clean rooms (and I am very paranoid about cleanliness in hotels, but have never had any qualms about using their linens/towels or walking barefoot in the room)

Cons: location--not located in the city and though it is an easy drive, it is still considered a "beltway" (but for fellow Baltimore residents you can totally laugh at that), no restaurant onsite and hotel can be crowded at times (none of these bothered me at all, which is why I still give it a 5-star rating)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 24, 2011

My husband and I wanted a good hotel that was outside the Portland city limits, mostly to get the rate lower. This hotel is in a good location with Applebees Restaurant across the street, making it easy to have dinner. The staff was very friendly and the room clean and comfortable. From here it was easy to get over to the Columbia Gorge area for sightseeing.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2011

This is below average Hotel, for the price you pay.
Cons.
Older Furniture and older carpets all over.
Bed and bedding not so comfortable.
No Microwave and ref. in the room
Breakfast, all packaged food, except waffle and boiled eggs.
Wi-Fi Slow connection.

Pros
Location,

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I had a business meeting in LO and spent the night here because I trusted the quality of Marriott but this hotel missed the mark in the following points:
A "clean" bath towel had a BROWN streak down the middle..no joke.
Mold in the bath/shower and surrounds
Noise and vibration from the monster ice machine and pop machine that echos down the hall.
Smokers hang out right by front door so this "non-smoking" property quickly smells and chokes of smoke
Slow to no WIFI
The breakfast is the norm and no complaints.
Shop around folks this area has plenty of hotels to choose from.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We stayed in the Fairfield Inn Portland South on the first night of our trip from Seattle to San Francisco. The hotel staff were most helpful and there were places to eat within walking distance. We ate at the Oswego Grill which was excellent. The hotel had free wi-fi nand the complimentary breakfast was excellent. All in all a good place to break our journey.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Lakeshore Inn
Lakeshore Inn
#2 of 7 in Lake Oswego
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland South/Lake Oswego? Share your experiences!