“great location”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Lake Oswego
Seattle, Washington
“great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2009

We stayed there for 3 nights during New Years weekend. It's not a fancy hotel, but it has everything you need, and we payed much less than had we stayed somewhere downtown. For 2 adults, 1 preteen and 2 large dogs, it was perfect for us. We needed extra room & kitchen facilities. the bathroom area was large, the fireplace a bonus. the couch was older but it worked just fine for our son. It's within a very short walking distance to several restaurants, including a great pizzeria. Also there is a dog park in the middle of the complex, and a supply of poop bags. It was just a few minutes to the movie theater and all the shopping you'd want to do. Since it's so close to I-5, you're minutes from anywhere. It's not a luxurious stay, but everything worked, the people at the front desk were nice enough, and the location was great. I'd stay there again if I bring my dogs and kid.

• Liked — pet friendly & great location
  • Disliked — thin walls
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank jeaniebeanie74

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Carly2000
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2008

This is so sad!!
I am a business traveler and could not get the internet!! This is totally unacceptable!!
I called the front desk and the woman was very impatient when I was trying to troubleshoot the issue. I am very computer savy and she acted as though I was interrupting her manicure.
There are rooms with modem connections and there are those rooms with wireless. My computer is equipped for both. The wireless at this hotel does not work or has the weakest reception ever. You have to ask for modem....or whatever on check in. Who knew?
Moving rooms is the worst thing you can ask me to do after I settle in.
The fitness center is also an absolute necessity, a must for me when I travel, and it was absolutely the hottest gym I have ever been in. I was nauseated from the heat and could not work out. That means- I can't get going in the morning and my day is shot to pieces right there. The staff said someone else had complained......so WHY didn't they fix it??
I would run outside, but its dark and there are security issues.
Most of the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful except one female desk clerk...noted above who could not assist with my questions about the internet. I am checking out early.
Lake Oswego is breathtakingly beautiful and this property would be fantatstic if you are not a business traveler. This is the first time I have ever "checked out" of a Residence Inn early.

• Liked — The guy at check in- Nick
  • Disliked — Hottest fitness centere with the oldest treadmills I have ever seen. Wireless internet did not work in my room!!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Crly2000
everett, wa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2007

Nice well-maintained grounds, basic ok studio/room, more suitable for staying a week when you want a kitchen. Not the polish and finish I'd expect from a Marriott property, but nothing wrong with anything.

The only upholstered seating in the room was an older uncomfortable couch. The walls and floor were just a little too thin for good soundproofing. The whole place will probably be getting a makeover in a couple of years, I hope. The breakfast bar was very good with a lot to chose from, including waffles. My dealings with staff were pleasant and efficient.

I'd recommend it for business travelers with a modest per diem, relatives in town for the holidays, or families visiting the nearby Morman Temple, not for a romantic weekend getaway. The location is excellent, where 217 and I-5 meet at Lake Oswego. Several restaurants are within walking distance or short car trip.

Hotwire said this was a three star property. Maybe so if you just look at the amenities available, but I'd rate it as a very good 2 star. For what I paid I am not complaining or disappointed, and I'd stay there again, but I'd never pay full price.

• Liked — Nice grounds, breakfast bar
  • Disliked — quality of construction
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled solo
Akron, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2006

We stayed at the Residence Inn July 15-18. The hotel is a series of buildings connected by walkways. The grounds are carefully and attractively landscaped. You have the "feel" of a home and not a hotel. If you are looking for a large classy building, this is not for you. The outdoor pool is refreshing. The rooms are spotless, the cleaning personnel ae pleasant and accomodating. The rooms are large in size and have fully equiped kitchens. The full breakfast served in the lobby is a bonus. We found the food to be tasty and the variety should meet any expectations. The service from people serving the food is equivalent to a 5 Star restaurant. I was amazed how attentative they are.
The location was cental for our needs, close to I-5 and Route 217.
The front desk people were excellent.
Overall this is excellent; if you need a hotel in this area, this should be your first choice.

Stayed June 2006
2 Thank halwebb
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2006

Stay started out good but after a couple of day a water leak developed in my room. Front desk told me they would have to move me a another room, only other room was handicapped but was informed that it was just for the night until they could repair the water leak in my room. They even told me to hold on to my room key. Next day after work I arrived back at the hotel and went to the front desk to confirm the water leak was fixed, was told that the leak was fixed but they rented the room out to someone else and I would have to stay in the handicap room.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2005

I am amazed that this is a "Marriott" hotel. Practically nothing worked inside my suite that I had to walk three miles to get to. I swear the room smelled as if they had just pulled out a huge pile of three year old rotting gym socks. The staff was incompetant, and plain rude....right down to the Director of Sales(aren't sales people always nice, even if it's totally apparant their faking?)

And the guest reception, was more like the guest "letdown" room. Very chinsy...poor quality and not even enough of what they did have.

Very disappointed.

• Stayed December 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2005

I had booked this hotel via Hotwire and had no info on it except for some good reviews read here. It way surpassed my expectations. It was the cosiest and most comfortable hotels I have been to. It didn't look nor feel like a hotel. More like corporate appartments. We were at their smallest studio suite which was more than twice the size of the average hotel room I have stayed in. The cosy clean well equipped kitchen with dinning table was perfect for the quick dinner I wanted to prepare. It had a queen and a sofa bed which was just right for the three of us.
The sumptuous complimentary breakfast itself was worth the room rate we paid! We almost wanted to extend our stay by a day just to stay there one more night! Will defintely stay here if I ever go back.

• Stayed May 2005
Phoenix Inn Suites
#2 of 7 in Lake Oswego
Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego
Grand Hotel At Bridgeport

Been to Residence Inn Portland South/Lake Oswego? Share your experiences!