“Would have been AWESOME...with hot water”

Residence Inn Portland South/Lake Oswego
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Lake Oswego
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Service was friendly, check-in/check-put very easy. Although they warn you about the limited hot water (enough for 2 - 8 minute showers) I think that's insane. It's a extended stay hotel, we had only two people in our room and we ran out of hot water in short order every time. It was late at night when we returned to our room and both of us wanted to shower. I did not appreciate staying up for another 90 minutes just to get a warm shower. I would hate to think what a full family would have to do. Other than that, it was nice, clean, friendly staff, etc.

1  Thank Carith A
Justine R, Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn Portland South/Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Thank you for your recent review of our property. Although we have smaller water heaters, we have many other great amenities as you mentioned. Our customer care team is available 24 hours to help and has many creative solutions and our game room and outdoor BBQ Grills really make your stay feel more at home. We enjoyed having you at our property and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed in two rooms, visiting Portland area to participate in a family member's girls softball tournament. Don't even THINK about checking in before the 4 p.m. check in time. I know there were rooms available, but when we arrived at 2 pm they wouldn't let us into a room. I asked them to call when a room was available. The call came at 3:58 p.m. Moments after I checked in and while I was unpacking there was a knock on the door and someone claiming to be a maintenance person wanted to check the bathroom. Why hadn't they told me this when I checked in? He had a uniform on, so I let him in and he allegedly attended to something in the bathroom. The rooms are ok, the bathroom smelled like mildew and the toilet didn't function very well. The shower dripped too. When you check in they give you a written warning that there is only enough hot water for two 8 minute showers, if you use up the water it takes 1 1/2 hours for the water to warm up. The maid didn't clean one of our rooms one day, even though we were away from 7:00 a.m. until 4 p.m. We called an got new towels. The good: Easy access to the freeway (I-5) and there was no street noise. There just has to be better options for hotels in the area.

2  Thank pkchristensen
Justine R, Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn Portland South/Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Thank you for your response. As a valued guest of ours, your feedback is crucial in correcting things for the future. I can assure you we take customer service and quality of amentites very seriously. Our 24 hour Customer Service Specialists are always available should you need anything throughout your stay. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to make it right for you.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Although the rooms aren't super modern, they are cozy and homey-perfect for an extended stay or just a relaxing getaway. This is a well-kept hotel property set amidst lush grounds. It's also conveniently located close to freeways, shops and restaurants. There are BBQ/fire pits outside as well as a pool, fitness center and sport court. They also offered free breakfast, ample parking and WiFi. The room itself was a spacious two-bedroom/2 bath suite with a fireplace and a fully equipped kitchen. It was perfectly fine for the four of us who were traveling together. Check-in/check out was quick and easy; and the staff were generally helpful The only negative experience I had here was that the cleaning crew failed to clean our room for one of the days, even though I took down a "do not disturb" sign at our door before noon. Overall, it was a good stay and a great value!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Justine R, Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn Portland South/Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Thank you for your great review of our property. Customer Service is something we take very seriously. We apologize your room was missed for housekeeping service one day of your stay. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to make it right for you. We were pleased to hear you were able to utilize our new Patio area and Fire Pit. Hopefully you took advantage of our Wine Tasting Wednesday's and our evening social hour while you were here. Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Portland area.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

The check in was excellent . All the front desk staff were very well groomed and friendly.
The Town House concept is nice. Only one problem is you have to walk to themain building for your complimentary breakfast. When it rains you get soaked.
The room was spacious and clean.
The internet was slow. Only 3Mbps. They will upgrade you to a faster speed for a charge.
Residence Inn at PDX Cascade Station has 10Mbps and it is free.

Room Tip: Any outside lower floor room. Inside rooms are not close to parking.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank elliott99362

Thank you for the feedback you provided in your recent review. Feedback is crucial in helping us improve for your next stay. We know Portland can tend to have a lot of rain. We hope you were able to stop by the front desk and borrow a complimentary umbrella during your stay or stay in and enjoy the cozy fireplace in each of our suites. Thank you again! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I booked a night at this hotel and then realized I had to stay about 30 min away from this location because of work. I cancelled and booked another Marriott hotel that was closer to where I was working. I cancelled well before my stay but still got charged. I called and asked to refund the $181 because I clearly didnt stay there. I spoke to the general manager Dominic who was incredibily rude and really didn't care that they were basically stealing money from me. I spend about 50 nights a year in Marriott hotels and I am a Gold Elite member with Marriott. I have always been treated very well but this location I would watch out for. They are more concerned with making money than the happiness of their guests. I would aviod this hotel at all costs because they may charge you for somthing you didnt buy. I have called corporate and I hoping they can do something for me.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Ed221002
DChevalier, General Manager at Residence Inn Portland South/Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Ed221002,

Thank you for your candid feedback, I do apologize that you were unsatisfied with the end result, I prefer to have all my guests or potential guests satisfied with the level of service they receive. The rules of the booking rate guaranteed a discount on the room rate at the time of booking, but with the understanding that it was a non-refundable and non-cancellable rate.

I took the liberty of addressing this issue in another form and feel confident you will be happy with the result.

Kindest regards,

Dominic Chevalier

Reviewed May 5, 2014

My husband and I stayed one night in this hotel and were duly impressed with the service and quality of our stay. Each and every employee went out of their way to make sure we had a nice comfortable stay starting with Alex who checked us in. We arrived before check in time and went to the desk not expecting to be able to go to our room but to hopefully get checked in and get some suggestions of things to view in the area. Alex was immediately friendly, checked us in and when I asked for tips on things to see she asked a few questions to discern our interests then said . Go check in to your room, take a break and when you come back to the front desk I will have suggestions and maps. We did and she did , when we went back to the front desk she had driving directions, maps and helpful suggestions. The evening clerk suggested a restaurant for dinner when asked that was outstanding. Each employee that we saw during our stay was helpful and friendly, the room was clean and well stocked. The bed was hard but honestly that seems to be a almost all hotels thing for some reason. I will definitely stay there again! The breakfast the next morning was well organized and tasty. The excellent restaurant rating attached is a mistake that the program will not let me unselect. Sorry

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2014

This is our first choice home away from home. We have been coming here for years. Location and ease of access are great. But that is not the reason. The staff is outstanding. Rooms and courtyard layout are so much nicer than the typical hotel. Except for noisy room and bathroom fans you hardly hear your neighbors, so I'd say it was built better than many of the paper thin walled properties that compete with them. They were one of the first to host guest hospitality events. We always look forward to the weekly cookout in the summer. Love walking through the neighborhood. And a Trader Joe's is a short walk away.

Room Tip: Rooms facing south on the courtyard are best, especially since a freeway ramp was added NW of the pr...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Justine R, Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn Portland South/Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Thank you for your review of our property. We are glad you mentioned our evening Social Hour. We love to do the cooking for you and provide meals Monday-Wednesday with complimentary beer and wine. We hope you are able to return this summer for to enjoy our outdoor heated pool and spa. We have many great activities for you and your family to enjoy. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Portland.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Oswego
Lakeshore Inn
Lakeshore Inn
#2 of 7 in Lake Oswego
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square

Been to Residence Inn Portland South/Lake Oswego? Share your experiences!