My wife and I had a quiet and restful one-night stay in a studio suite here during our recent visit to the Portland area. We have stayed here several times in the past as we like the spacious rooms, free breakfast buffet and excellent location. This an older style Residence Inn, with a suburban apartment complex like layout. The suites were updated about a year ago (which was needed) with new paint, new carpet and new furniture. The hotel buildings and grounds appeared to be well maintained. The front desk and breakfast area staffs were pleasant and helpful.
It is a great location near the junction of I-5 and OR Hwy 217, yet it is well back from the freeways so there is no highway noise. Access to both freeways is easy. It is about 10 miles south of downtown Portland, a 15 to 20 minute drive on I-5. Also, a good location to go to major shopping areas to the south and west of Portland including Washington Square, and Bridgeport Village. There are several good restaurants when walking distance of the hotel.
The studio suite was comfortable, spacious and clean. The queen bed in our suite was comfortable, with lots of pillows, and nice linens. The suite had a flat screen TV with a good channel selection, a full kitchen, sofa, desk, good closet space, and a wood-burning fireplace (fire logs are an additional price). The bathroom was nice. As in most Residence Inn, we liked having the bath vanity separate from the rest of the bathroom. The décor was nice and warm in our suite, the lobby and breakfast area. The Wi-Fi worked well in the room and the breakfast area. The free breakfast buffet was very good with a good choice of both hot and cold items. The climate control for the room maintained the temperature of the suite at a comfortable level. However, the air vent for the system was right over the bed and was somewhat noisy and blows right on the bed. The only other downside of the ground floor studio suite was you could hear people walking around in the suite in the floor above. I am sure we will stay here again, but ask for a second floor suite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For extended stays away from home, Residence Inn helps guests maintain a balance between work and life. Spacious suites with full kitchens combine home-like comforts with functionality. Features like a complimentary hot breakfast and evening social hours make Residence Inn more home than hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Residence Inn Portland South/Lake Oswego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Portland South Hotel Lake Oswego
- Residence Inn Lake Oswego
- Lake Oswego Residence Inn