“I love my stay at this place”

Residence Inn Portland South/Lake Oswego
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Lake Oswego
Raleigh, North Carolina
“I love my stay at this place”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed here 3 times and love the location, service, food, amenities. Staff is very helpful for any questions, have handy printouts for everything. I like that they serve wine M-Th with simple Dinner.

Room Tip: Outside rooms give more privacy but they are all quiet and roomy.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We were able to book a studio for $89 with a AAA discount. Wow it was such a great deal. It was a huge room complete with equipped kitchen. It was very clean and the bed was comfortable. There was a desk that was nice and a wonderful desk chair but the sofa bed was rock hard and really rather ugly. The TV was excellent and it was nice having a fireplace (uses duraflame type logs only). The shower was great - nice hot water and a "waterfall" type showerhead. The shower rod bells outward so that you're not constantly bumping up against the curtain when you shower; it was nice. However the hotel has a limited hot water capacity - two showers at 8 minutes each and the water goes cold for an hour and a half. Not good if you have 3 people. The soap and shampoo and body lotion were some sage fragrance - oh, it stank. We went out and bought our own bar soap and toilet paper (theirs is very rough and thin, as was their kleenex tissue). It would've been nice if there had been a floor lamp by the sofa. When one person is sleeping and the other reading, it would be nice not to have to use the overhead light.There was no easy chair which is disappointing, especially since the sofa was so uncomfortable to sit on. The carpet is ugly but oh well. The hotel provides free newspapers and a lot of amenities ( a grassy park-like area, basketball courts, swimming pool, etc.). There was a great photograph over the fireplace. The hotel complex is basically a suburban apartment complex but it's really a great deal and we'll definately stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank winterbird40
Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed September 4, 2012

If you stay at the Marriott Residence Inn on Bangy Road, get an upper floor room. Our room was on the lower level, and it was like listening to a heard of elephants above. Also, the air conditioning vent was directly above the bed, and blew hard on your face all night long (impossible to sleep with an ice cream headache). The breakfast service, and quality of food was fair at best. Finally, if the property is completely booked, good luck finding a parking place. This is the worst Marriott property that I have booked, and a poor choice for any traveler.

Room Tip: Book and upper floor room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
El Dorado Hills, California
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My son and I stayed at the Hotel for one night while driving from Seattle to California. We pulled in at 9PM and were quickly checked in. The room was LARGE and clean. Large bed and pull-out sofa. Slept well. Breakfast in the morning was perhaps the largest selection I have seen. Very good. We left the hotel at 7:30AM. It was a great value because we booked on

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Our hotel room was clean and accommodating. The area the hotel was located in was very nice, felt very safe and was close to the freeway, dining options and more. The bed was comfortable and having a kitchen was very convenient. The staff was very friendly and very nice to us.

The noise made by the people in the room above us was quite annoying though. I would suggest requesting an upstairs room for a more quiet environment. The free breakfast was nice, but it was so crowded and there was not a lot of seating in the dining area and that was very inconvenient with small children. I could only get what I could carry back to our room, but it was still free breakfast and better than nothing at all.

Room Tip: For a quieter room, request an upstairs room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Pros:

Large Rooms. The kitchen in particular was nice. Comfortable beds and pillows, nice TV.

Food. A good free breakfast and we stayed in the summer so they had a BBQ one night as well with dogs, burgers, beer and wine. Also, their cookies. Their cookies were awesome.

Location. Not far from a whole lot of restaurants- pizza place, deli, sushi, thai food, Olive Garden, Applebees, Oswego Grill. There is also a small Trader Joe's within walking distance. Short drive to center city Portland or Lake Oswego itself and without traffic, only a little over 20 minutes from the airport.

Staff: Very nice - attempts to foster a feeling of community for those who are staying more long-term.

Cons

I could tell where the gentleman above me was in his room at any given point. Not that he was loud, it was just impossible not to hear his every step.

The bathroom. The shower was not great and there were spiders. I would hope that the latter was unique to my room. The first night I noticed a dead spider in the tub with me. I was kind of grossed out but that happens, can't blame the hotel. The next morning when I walked into the bathroom there was at least three spiders running around behind the toilet, so the deceased arachnoid who had shared my shower the night before was not an isolated incident. Luckily by the time I noticed, it was my last night. I pushed a towel under the door before I went to bed for my own peace of mind.

Verdict:
I am not sure if I would stay in this hotel again. I liked the privacy and the staff (and the cookies, definitely the cookies), but the room itself did not blow me away. There were a few other places in the same area. I probably would not be adverse to trying them out on my next trip to Portland.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank MegESK
Woodland, California
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Nice "apartment style" campus. Spacious well appointed rooms. Adequate fitness center. Walking distance to several eating establishments, a couple of them very good. Only complaint was squeeky floor boards in the ceiling apartment.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Phoenix Inn Suites
#5 of 7 in Lake Oswego
Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego
Courtyard Portland Tigard

Been to Residence Inn Portland South/Lake Oswego? Share your experiences!